Data Scientist (Visualization Team) at Epsilon
Epsilon is the leader in outcome-based marketing. We enable marketing that’s built on proof, not promises. Through Epsilon PeopleCloud, the marketing platform for personalizing consumer journeys with performance transparency, Epsilon helps marketers anticipate, activate and prove measurable business outcomes. Powered by CORE ID®, the most accurate and stable identity management platform representing 200+ million people, Epsilon’s award-winning data and technology is rooted in privacy by design and underpinned by powerful AI. With more than 50 years of experience in personalization and performance working with the world’s top brands, agencies and publishers, Epsilon is a trusted partner leading CRM, digital media, loyalty and email programs. Positioned at the core of Publicis Groupe, Epsilon is a global company with over 8,000 employees in over 40 offices around the world. For more information, visit www.epsilon.com. Follow us on Twitter at @EpsilonMktg.
External Title: Data Scientist (Visualization Team)
Internal Title: Scientist, Decision Sciences
As a Scientist in our Decision Sciences Visualization team, you will create innovative visual analytics systems that reveal, explore and explain complex patterns and phenomena from Epsilon’s peta-scale and massively-dimensional digital marketing ecosystem. You will reduce this complexity into sophisticated, interactive visual metaphors and stories that demonstrate the business value of Epsilon’s platform directly to our stakeholders and global customers. Our visualization challenges span hundreds of millions of highly detailed individual profiles across hundreds of millions of web sites and apps tied together by sophisticated real-time analytics that make near instantaneous decisions on messaging to those profiles trillions of times a day. This provides an incredibly rich environment of business questions and answers that are hidden within petabytes of data.
In this role, you will be a key member of a highly talented and multi-disciplinary R&D team creating a full-stack visual analytics system that connects to big data platforms and machine learning systems to present complex enterprise-critical information in an engaging, intuitive and informative manner. This is a multi-faceted team effort involving an array of technologies such as D3.js, Reactjs, Python, Spark, SQL, Hadoop, Elastic Search, GPU clusters and more.
- Research, design and build machine learning systems that identify unique clusters of activity within complex peta-scale digital marketing ecosystems
- Develop an understanding of Epsilon’s Digital Media Solutions (DMS) personalization platform and proprietary datasets
- Leverage machine learning expertise to research and recommend best approaches to solving our technology and business challenges
- Design, implement and validate solutions using Scala, Spark or Python, PySpark on a large state-of-the-art cluster, including, but not limited to, solutions based on GPU-computation or Elastic Search platforms
- Collaborate with our Engineering teams to develop and integrate your solutions into Epsilon’s DMS platform
- A Ph.D. (or Master’s degree plus at least two years of relevant experience) in Computer Science, Data Science, Statistics, Engineering, Mathematics or a related scientific discipline
- Hands-on capabilities working with machine learning and clustering at scale
- Proven experience with clustering algorithms: supervised, unsupervised, and guided interactive
- Sound experience with Spark, Scala or Python on large-data platforms
- Experience using big data platforms such as Hadoop or AWS
- Possess skills working with real-time computing systems for data query and algorithms such as Elastic Search and GPU clusters
- Passion to work collaboratively with cross-functional groups and team members having a broad set of skills including data engineering, full stack systems, data science, data visualization, UI and UX
- Proficient oral and written communication skills
Additional, But Not Required Skills
- Experience with SQL or other databases on traditional servers, and with back-end development on full stacks
- Experience with data engineering at scale
- Experience with aspects of visualization and/or front-end development
- Knowledge of interactive and visual techniques for conveying machine learning results
Great People, Deserve Great Benefits
We know that we have some of the brightest and most talented associates in the world, and we believe in rewarding them accordingly. If you work here, expect competitive pay, comprehensive health coverage, and endless opportunities to advance your career.
Epsilon is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Epsilon’s policy is not to discriminate against any applicant or employee based on actual or perceived race, age, sex or gender (including pregnancy), marital status, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, mental or physical disability, religion, creed, color, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression (including transgender status), veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Epsilon also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories.
Epsilon will provide accommodations to applicants needing accommodations to complete the application process.