As a Data Scientist, you'll have the opportunity to work on engagements with a wide range of clients. We have opportunities to create impact on real business problems with a wide variety of data in Healthcare, Retail, Manufacturing, Financial industries and more.
You are passionate, flexible, and ready to collaborate with strategists, designers, and engineers to craft brilliant solutions from even bigger ideas.
- Communicate Business Insights derived from data to business leaders and product implementers.
- Responsible for consulting with clients to advise on creative ways to implement Data Science to achieve the desired business outcomes.
- Document key aspects of a project for the client and other team members.
- Contribute to our collective brain power through innovation and peer review.
- Find meaningful patterns in data utilizing Python, R, or SAS.
- Work with Data Engineers and Software Engineers to implement production versions of models.
- Create prototypes in Python, R, SAS or other languages to create models from real world data and evaluate their effectiveness.
- Responsible for implementation and adoption of market leading approaches through professional development and change leadership.
- Hands-on experience deriving insights from data using languages such as Python or R
- Notebook experience with tools such as Jupyter, Spark or Databricks
- Strong SQL skills and mathematics background (stats, calculus, linear algebra)
- Knowledge of predictive modeling and data mining techniques
- Experience with Machine Learning (ML) tools such as TensorFlow, SageMaker, or MxNet
- Knowledge of data warehousing tools such as Amazon Redshift or Apache Hive
- Ability to:
- design data lakes using tools such as object storage, databases, and data warehouses
- query a data lake using a tool like Amazon Athena
- provide technical feedback and leadership to other team members
- Client-facing presentation skills adaptable to both technical and business audiences
- Be a clever problem solver with the ability to think on your feet when needed
- Proven ability to work creatively and analytically with clients to understand business needs and create technical solutions in a problem-solving environment
- Review and intake assets from our partners and provide feedback on the technical implications
Nice to have:
- Enterprise-level Elastic MapReduce or Hadoop and Apache Pig experience
- Experience with data visualization / business intelligence (BI) tools such as Amazon QuickSight, Tableau, Power BI, etc.
- Experience with non-relational databases such as Cassandra, MongoDB, Redis, etc.
- Master's degree or higher in Data Science, Informatics, Analytics, Statistics, Mathematics, Physics, Engineering, or equivalent field of study
- Video, image, audio and/or text processing (NLP) and chatbot experience using tools such as Alexa Skill Kit, Amazon Lex, Amazon Polly, Amazon Rekognition, etc.
- Desire to participate in an AWS DeepRacer competition