Data Scientist at Enodo
Enodo is looking for a talented data scientist and Python developer to join our fast-moving, lean product development team.
Your work will include the development of scalable mathematical models and algorithms to accurately and reliably predict rent, occupancy, and risk-adjusted returns in multifamily properties across the country. These predictions would be established as a function of variables such as bedroom count, unit square footage, year built, year renovated, unit amenities, building amenities, Walkscore, population, demographic data (median income, percent college educated, annual population growth, etc.), and many other factors.
- Selecting features, building and optimizing classifiers using machine learning techniques
- Continually read scientific papers on new data science techniques/approaches, and strive to incorporate them for the betterment of the platform
- Extending the company’s data with third-party sources of information when needed
- Processing, cleansing, and verifying the integrity of data used for analysis
- Performing ad-hoc analysis and presenting results in a clear manner
- Creating automated anomaly detection systems and constant tracking of its performance
- Integrating model outputs with data visualization tools such as D3.js and Leaflet.js
- Developing methods to collect and analyze user inputs from a web-based front-end for analysis within the platform
- Developing a solid understanding of the parameters that drive success in real estate investment and development
- Working and communicating effectively with an interdisciplinary team of computer and data scientists, software engineers and real estate industry experts
Flexibility, curiosity, an entrepreneurial mindset, and strong work ethic are essential for this role. It is encouraged that everyone on the team continually researches new technologies and analytical opportunities to improve the platform.
Skills and Qualifications
- 3-5 years of data science experience
- Successfully implemented data science analysis techniques, features, and functionality in a production environment
- Must be very passionate, creative, flexible/adaptable, and highly curious
- Proficiency in Python, R and interacting with a PostgreSQL database
- Familiarity with GIS and geographical data analysis
- Understanding of GitHub and software version control
- Excellent understanding of machine learning techniques and algorithms, such as k-NN, Naive Bayes, SVM, Decision Forests, etc.
- Experience with data visualization tools, such as D3.js, Leaflet.js, etc.
- Excellent skills in using applied statistics, such as distributions, statistical testing, regression, etc.
- Familiarity with Vue.js and prior experience analyzing geographical data are big advantages
- Sincerely believe anything is possible, and exude that attitude in all endeavors
Enodo is a predictive analytics platform for real estate professionals. The platform offers a suite of products that provide users actionable intelligence to make more informed investment decisions. Utilizing a combination of proprietary technology and established data feeds, Enodo's patent-pending machine learning algorithms deliver industry-leading insight. The software allows investors, developers, brokers, and lenders to analyze rent, occupancy, and risk-adjusted returns for multifamily properties by applying artificial intelligence to over 3,500 demographic, economic and building characteristics in every market across the United States.
Learn more about Enodo at https://enodoinc.com/