Do you want to work in a fun, smart, and energetic environment where you will be challenged, rewarded AND inspired? Come work with us at CraftJack to make a real difference in the way service professionals run their businesses and find leads that WORK. As a Data Scientist, you are responsible for owning all things data and will work closely with the product team to resolve issues by diving deep into data and analyze the performance of key initiatives. Our ideal candidate will turn data into insightful information that will drive business decisions while identifying business challenges along the way.
- As a Data Scientist you will...
- Take the lead on all things DATA, and mentor others as you build out analytical tools.
- Hit the ground floor running, and help CraftJack build out a modern business intelligence platform.
- Evangelize data analysis best practices and help to develop and implement strategies that optimize statistical efficiency and quality.
- Create and own the “source of truth” to allow all business stakeholders easy access to data, key performance indicators, and dashboards to perform their quantitative analysis.
- Use data analysis to uncover actionable insights that can be used to provide solutions for real business or product decisions.
- Develop data visualizations, dashboards, and reports for stakeholders to make decisions and be able to quickly and efficiently answer data questions on their own.
- Be eager to explore the data and dig deeper until you have discovered the root of the issue.
- Have great communication skills and a willingness to share good or bad results with team members of all levels.
- Identify information gaps.
- Why we think you'll like working here:
- Our laid-back atmosphere makes it enjoyable to come to work, and you will be surrounded by talented people focused on building real products that solve real problems.
- You will have a direct impact on our customer experience every single day and be able to drive crucial product improvement.
- We're not afraid to make mistakes or take risks, and we are constantly improving.
- 5+ years of professional experience performing quantitative analysis on a regular basis. (If not, still apply, and let us know why you’ve got this!)
- High proficiency in SQL and experience with data warehouses and transactional databases.
- A caring attitude toward the quality of their work.
- Strong analysis skills, high attention to detail, and the ability to communicate effectively in a clear and consistent manner.
- The creativity to go beyond current tools to deliver the best solution to the problem.
- Inquisitiveness and a real passion for continued self-improvement and development of new skills.
- Ability to work independently and make key decisions on projects without fear of voicing your opinions.
- Demonstrated experience working with modern data technologies and the curiosity and drive to explore new technologies and ways of analyzing and displaying data.
- Familiarity with business intelligence and data visualization tools such as Mode Analytics, Looker, Tableau, etc.
- Data warehouse experience with such platforms as Snowflake.
- Programming skills in Python or similar language and/or experience using advanced analytics tools such as Pandas.
- Experience connecting disparate data sources to data warehouses using data pipeline services like Fivetran as well as data engineering tools such as DBT.
CraftJack is an honest, friendly, and fun environment. This permeates nearly every interaction that we have with each other, our customers, and our products. We’re searching for someone who will fit well within our existing team of passionate, dedicated, hard-working (and fun-loving!) people. Enjoy flexible work-life balance, free snacks, tea and coffee. Easy access to the Metra and “L” train and close proximity to libations at Sketchbook Brewery and Few Distillery.
If you’re excited about joining a collaborative, high-impact team, send us your resume to start the conversation. If you have questions prior to applying, please join us for one of our weekly chats with the Recruiting team – this is not an interview, but a chance for you to learn more about our business. Visit http://www.abouthomeadvisor.com/talk-to-us to register.