Relayr is the Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT) powerhouse delivering the most complete solution for risk-free digital transformations. Our unique value stack combines pioneering IIoT technologies with skilled delivery, exclusive financing, and risk-free insurance models.
We unleash data insights from existing equipment, machines and production lines to improve our customers’ business outcomes. With around 300 employees, we are a truly global family with locations in Germany, the USA, Poland, Italy, France, and the UK. Named twice the hottest start-up in Berlin by WIRED magazine and a winner of The Spark - the German Digital Award, relayr is now part of the Munich Re group.
Our analytics team pushes the boundaries of technology. We tackle challenging problems in the fields of data engineering, data science, and machine learning research to develop solutions from early prototypes to fully-fledged production-ready systems. We are looking to recruit highly motivated engineers and scientists that can successfully rise to the diverse challenges in the emerging market of Internet of Things. Currently we are seeking a Data Scientist to join our team and be based in our Chicago office.
- Help Relayr build the world’s most advanced IoT Cloud Platform.
- Develop and assist in developing internal data processing tools.
- Design, prototype and refine machine learning algorithms.
- Research new machine learning methods and publish papers.
- Design, prototype and collaborate with the backend team in implementing large scale data processing systems for the cloud and edge.
- Perform ad-hoc data analysis and present results.
- Prototype and iterate quickly.
- Engage in architectural discussions.
- Participate in customer workshops to map business goals to the set of products we are developing.
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience in the analytics field
- Significant experience with machine learning techniques, ideally supervised learning and anomaly detection
- Significant experience with Deep Learning
- Good experience with Python and Java, C++ and Apache Spark are a bonus
- Comfortable with database systems and distributed processing
- Ability to explain data science concepts and requirements to non-technical audiences
- A diverse and friendly team with people from all over the world – Germany, Poland, US, UK, France, Italy.
- Connecting you with a network of companies and people from around the globe.
- Competitive salary and a learning environment where you can extend and build upon your skills and interests, a focus on growth.
- Knowledge sharing from the best entrepreneurs in the industry.
- Easy integration into a highly professional and passionate team.
- Good office location in central Chicago area
- We offer the ability to work in a cutting-edge field with the best people in the IoT industry!