Data Scientist at Shipwell
Data Scientist at Shipwell (View all jobs)
Shipwell is fundamentally changing the shipping and logistics industry by building a connected platform that provides solutions for your entire supply chain. We are streamlining the way shippers, 3PLs, and carriers have operated for decades using ground-breaking technology to provide automation and workflow solutions in an established industry that comprises over 5% GDP. Shipwell created the first truly connected digital supply chain platform that provides real-time connectivity, visibility, automation, and bullet-proof APIs. We are a Series B startup that is backed by world-class investors, such as First Round Capital, Fifth Wall, and Georgian Partners.
Shipwell is a fast-paced, high-energy start-up that strives to build the future of shipping every day. Diversity of thought and cross-department collaboration is very important to us. We deliver open, honest, careful communication and work as hard as we play. We create & deliver solutions that are revolutionizing the industry, which brings excitement and purpose to our work. If you are looking for a place that will help you tap into your best work-self and give you hands-on experience building something big, then we invite you to come and build the future of shipping with us!
Data Scientists at Shipwell proactively design and deploy analytics features on our state-of-the-art platform. This involves dynamically collaborating with operations and product teams to discover product improvement opportunities and to proactively drive features through development to adoption. The mission is to underpin operational decisions made at each stage of the supply chain with data-driven insights.
What you’ll do when you get here:
- • Analyze client proprietary and public domain datasets leveraging advanced analytics and statistics to work on scheduling and network optimization, macroeconomic forecasting, pricing, and routing;
- • Source, clean, and process a diverse set of data streams;
- • Identify and understand business needs and contextualize results of the analysis to drive impact for the organization as a whole;
- • Dynamically collaborate with operations and product teams to refine project goals, scope, and timelines;
- • Provide consulting services on both internal and external analytic questions;
- • Identify appropriate machine learning techniques and develop applications with high business value;
- • Explore possible applications of future technologies for optimization problems in the freight industry (e.g., AI, quantum computing)
What you need to have:
- • a master’s degree in mathematics, statistics, computer science, or related field;
- • 3 years of experience;
- • 3 years of experience with a mathematical programming language (r, python, or matlab);
- • 1 year of experience in the following:
- o manipulating and cleaning data sets -- 1 year;
- o machine learning algorithms and artificial intelligence;
- o applying probability theory, and bayesian statistics to real-world problems;
- o optimization algorithms (e.g., simulated annealing, genetic algorithms);
- • 6 months of experience with data visualization and reporting (e.g. Tableau, or python/r visualization packages).
Must also have authority to work permanently in the U.S. Applicants who are interested in this position may apply https://www.jobpostingtoday.com/ Ref # 92046