Data Scientist at Paylocity
As a Data Scientist, you will help Paylocity discover the information hidden in vast amounts of data, to help our customers make smarter human capital decisions that drive organizational success. Your primary focus will be to apply knowledge of statistics, machine learning, programming, data modeling, simulation, and advanced mathematics to recognize patterns, identify opportunities, pose business questions, and make valuable discoveries leading to prototype development and product improvement.
Are you the teammate we are looking for?
Who you are:
- Enthusiastic about advanced analytics and how predictive insights lead to a superior customer experience
- Invested in staying current in data science by applying new technologies and practices
- Able to work in a collaborative environment with a desire to share your ideas
- Able to work independently on modules and complete tasks with high quality, but unafraid to seek out suggestions from other team members
- Excited to work on cutting-edge technology!
How we work:
- Small, self-sufficient product-oriented teams with an entrepreneurial spirit organized into categories
- Dedicated Tech Operations experts committed to cutting-edge infrastructure and developer tools
- We don’t add more folks to our teams, we add additional teams to scale
- Casual, collaborative, agile environment which embraces and operates under our shared principles
- Complete transparency with open, honest discussions about our progress
- Close working relationship between executive stakeholders and product teams
What we offer:
- Lean enabling process that focuses on putting our product teams in the best position to succeed
- A commitment to investing in our products, hiring the best talent, and giving them the chance to meaningfully contribute to a vast market opportunity
- A subscription to an Online Training forum for all technology colleagues.
- 5-7 years of relevant experience or equivalent combination of experience and education.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, engineering, technology or related field or equivalent experience – master’s degree in data science a plus
- Excellent and proven understanding of machine learning techniques and algorithms, such as k-NN, Naive Bayes, SVM, Decision Forests, etc.
- Experience with common data science toolkits, such as R, Python, etc. Excellence in at least one of these is highly desirable
- Great communication skills
- Intellectual Curiosity
- Data-oriented personality
- Domain knowledge of the Human Capital Management industry preferred
- Experience with data visualization tools
During the last three months, you would have:
- Selected features, built and optimized classifiers using machine learning techniques
- Data mined using state-of-the-art methods
- Extended company’s data with third party sources of information when needed
- Enhanced data collection procedures to include information that is relevant for building analytic systems
- Processed, cleansed, and verified the integrity of data used for analysis
- Continual monitoring of existing models and ensure accurate representation is presented, adjust when needed
- Conducted ad-hoc analysis and presented results in a clear manner
- Created automated anomaly detection systems and tracking of its performance
- Worked closely with full stack .net engineers in an agile product development environment