Data Specialist, Operations at Cameo
About the company:
Cameo, one of TIME Magazine's 50 Most Genius Companies of 2018 and one of Chicago’s fastest growing and most exciting tech startups, is looking for passionate and hardworking individuals to help propel Cameo to the next level. You’ll be joining a quickly growing team of smart, curious and driven colleagues, and be able to experience a rocket ship from its earliest days.
We want you to be excited about coming to work every day, knowing that the work you dedicate yourself to will have a material impact and will help shape the direction of the next great tech company. We have an amazing culture, and hope you’ll be a part of it!
We’re well-funded, we have an awesome team, a fun product & a great product-market fit. We have all the benefits you’d expect from a rocket ship startup. We also have some of the benefits you may not expect: health insurance, 401(k), access to the resources of a top tech incubator, and opportunities to hang out with the Talent on Cameo.
About the Role:
As Cameo’s first Operations Data Specialist, you will explore cross-departmental data for valuable insights and communicate findings to the company. Your work will impact all parts of Cameo including business strategy, revenue generation initiatives, process improvements, team scaling, and even Board of Directors and Investor presentations. You’ll leverage data to build hypotheses and analyses that drive deep business health understanding. You will be a leader on our team and help establish a data-driven operations culture.
By working with our Director of Operations, you will be a critical asset to a fast-paced, hard working team of individuals who strive to be the subject matter experts on why Cameo operates the way it does. You will be working primarily with our organization data (via SQL, Tableau, etc.) to analyze and communicate insights via dashboards. A familiarity with Google Sheets/Excel and Google Slides will be very helpful for presentations and communicating with teams across the business. Finally, you will also work with Salesforce.com to measure our revenue generation and operational efficiency efforts.
How you’ll crush it:
- Be excited about the massive opportunity at hand: spearheading data-driven insights and operations decisions!
- Thrive off being in a fast-paced environment where collaboration, communication, and hard work is critical
- Become a subject matter expert on key operating metrics and the health of our business overall
- Collaborate with the Operations team to identify knowledge / metric gaps, define new hypothesis opportunities, and leverage data to validate those hypotheses as a core step in driving operational efficiency and awareness across the company
- Leverage data to structure experiments and analyze results, ensuring we reach statistical significance and isolate variables
- Collaborate closely with the Operations and Technology teams
- Most importantly, you’re someone that sees the glass half full and is excited to take on new challenges, initiatives, and projects!
What we hope you’ll bring to the table:
- 3-5 years experience in a data-centric role, bonus points if you’ve worked on an Operations or Business Intelligence team or at a Start-Up!
- You're an abstract thinker who can see clearly through complex data
- 1+ years experience with Tableau, Domo, Looker, or similar data visualization tool
- SQL required
- Known as a leader on your team; someone that is constantly being tasked with roles or accounts above your pay-grade
- Strong understanding of business processes and critical operating metrics to provide valuable data - ideally have contributed to the development of KPIs, OKRs, etc.
Cameo is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive and welcoming environment for every person who walks through our doors. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need. Cameo celebrates and embraces diversity.