Database Analyst at sales-i
Located in the heart of the Chicago tech scene, sales-i is an award-winning software organization, that guarantees personal development and awesome opportunities to progress! We have a fantastic opportunity to work with some of the smartest brains in the sector and make a positive difference to customers around the globe.
We are a rapidly growing BI Software Company, with offices in the UK, USA and Australia…. with many more on our bucket list!
We are looking for a passionate Database Analyst to provide support for database design, implementation and maintenance, on MS SQL Server databases for our SaaS customers, who range in size from small independent businesses to multi-nationals and enterprise customers. You will also Automate the extraction/receipt of key data from accounting systems and import via a series of flat files in a pre-defined format into our product.
Our goal is to ensure customers receive the best experience possible.
What’s on Offer?
- Highly Competitive Salary
- 401K Contribution Scheme
- Exhilarating, yet challenging environment – no 2 days are the same!
- Fantastic career and personal development opportunities
- Regular social activities and events
- Group volunteering and teambuilding
Key Responsibilities of the Database Analyst:
- Investigate data anomalies in third party data, leading to root cause analysis of given scenarios.
- Assist teams like sales and support with data related questions.
- Ensure tickets are responded to in a timely manner.
- Telephone calls with customers and colleagues.
- System audits to improve processing times.
- Involve other Teams, when necessary, to deliver the best possible data set on time.
Skills & Experience Required:
- Degree preferred.
- Experience in a similar role.
- Excellent MS SQL Server scripting ability.
- Good ETL knowledge of different SQL based accounting systems preferred: i.e. Sage, Dynamics, Epicor.
- Excellent relational database knowledge including: data accuracy, data housekeeping, data mapping, data verification, build documentation.
- Good Excel knowledge.
- Good general IT knowledge, with an ability to learn new software systems.
- Exposure to data modelling techniques.
- Very good written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience of the full software and project lifecycle.
- Knowledge of extracting from ERPs.