Decision Scientist II at Grubhub
About The Opportunity
Here at Grubhub we’ve been dedicated to giving diners the most convenient way to order food from their favorite restaurants (whether that’s a late night Chalupa from Taco Bell or a salad for lunch from a local restaurant the day after they enjoyed said late night Chalupa).
While we are food-obsessed, we are also customer-obsessed. We look to constantly innovate our technology so our diners’ food experience is memorable, restaurant owners get more business and individuals across the country looking for part-time work can deliver the food from the restaurant to the diner flawlessly. We take great pride in knowing that we are a part of 21.2 million diners food ordering experience and we are partnered with 140,000 restaurants in 2,700 US cities across our suite of apps (Grubhub, LevelUp, Seamless, Tapingo).
Want to be a part of the biggest movement in the US that is moving eating forward? If so, we want to talk to you - and hear what’s your favorite restaurant for food delivery!
Grubhub is looking for an innately curious, business-minded, results-oriented Systems Analyst. In this highly visible role, you will use simulation and systems thinking to evaluate and inform new business initiatives as well as development and execution of technology roadmaps. Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to, data analysis, experiment design, statistical testing, and modeling of high fidelity simulations of our logistics systems.
Some Challenges You’ll Tackle
- Understand the business! Work directly with stakeholders to address their needs.
- Work with our simulation engineers to calibrate and run simulation studies
- Identify new behavioral models and fit distributions to match real-world behaviors
- Model system interactions and behaviors for various holistic initiatives
- Inform simulation development with behavioral model prioritization
- Develop simulation validation and methodology
- Partner with Product and Engineering teams to understand new product ideas, assess risks and help setup well thought out experiments
- Understanding our brands, markets, user behaviors, and long-term trends
- Identifying new levers to help move key metrics
- Clearly communicate findings of experiments to product, engineering and leadership
- Question our assumptions! Find new and better ways to do what we’re doing.
- Assess new algorithms and business policies in partnership with our operations research team.
- Relentlessly analyze and improve the performance of our business.
You Should Have
- BA/BS in Computer Science, Math, Physics, Engineering, Economics, Statistics or other technical field OR
- MS in quantitative discipline (Computer Science, Math, Physics, Engineering, Statistics or other technical field etc) or equivalent experience
- 4+ years experience with quantitative analysis
- Experience applying descriptive statistics, business process or scenario analysis, and visualization to solve real-world problems
- Strong understanding of statistics (hypothesis testing, regression, A/B testing)
- Comfort communicating analytical findings using statistical libraries and visualization tools Python or R
- Strong data querying capabilities using SQL
- Ability to explain technical concepts in simple terms to business users
- Experience with Agent Based Modeling is a plus
And Of Course, Perks!
- Flexible PTO. It’s true, no strings attached and all the time you need to recharge.
- PTO. It’s true, we provide you a generous amount of time to recharge.
- Better Benefits. Get quality insurance, flex-spending accounts, retirement options and commuter perks.
- Free Food. Kitchens are stocked and free Grubhub each week.
- Stock Up. All of our employees are owners, in fact, they’re granted Restricted Stock Units, which means we’re all in it to win it.
- Casual Culture. Catch rays on the rooftop or get comfy on a couch and get to know your coworkers — because work, should be a place you want to be.
Grubhub is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: DOL Poster. If you are applying for a job in the U.S. and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.