Infutor provides world-class data solutions for businesses to most accurately identify key consumer information, powering them to make critical, strategic business decisions. We do this through access to the most comprehensive and accurate data, provided through powerful and flexible technology, giving businesses extensive insight into the core of their business. Infutor's data solutions drive essential business functions in identity verification, fraud and risk, marketing, analytics, multi-media, and compliance applications.
Infutor is looking for an inquisitive, technically adept Devops Engineer that loves investigating, manipulating, and finding value in our data. Looking for someone that is eager to get the job done, intellectually honest (not dogmatic), humble and enjoys brainstorming new ideas with the team. Intellectual curiosity and problem solving mentality is a must. This role will report to our head of the High Capacity Batch team.
This position may require travel between our Oakbrook Terrace and Chicago Loop with possible travel to our offices in Ft Myers, FL and Costa Rica locations as required.
This person hired to this role may be based out of our Oakbrook Terrace, IL HQ or new Downtown Chicago Office. Note, relocation is not provided. Please apply only to your preferred location.
Sponsorship is not provided; candidate must be able to authorized to work in the US for any employer, without expectation of current or future sponsorship.
Responsibilities and Duties
As a Devops Engineer, you will be responsible for expanding and optimizing our data and data pipeline architecture. The Devops Engineer will support our developers, database architects, data analysts and data scientists on data initiatives and will ensure optimal data delivery architecture is consistent throughout ongoing projects. They must be self-directed and comfortable supporting the data needs of multiple teams, systems and products. The right candidate will be excited by the prospect of optimizing or even designing our company’s data architecture to support our next generation of data and analytics initiatives.
As a Devops Engineer, your responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Working with data architect to maintain code base for ETL pipelines and large batch processing and streaming systems (Git/GitLab for source control, Unit/Integration Testing, code reviews)
- Create and maintain optimal data pipeline architecture,
- Assemble large, complex data sets that meet functional / non-functional business requirements.
- Create data tools for data team members that assist them in building and optimizing our product into an innovative industry leader.
- Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability, etc.
- Build the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources using SQL and AWS ‘big data’ technologies.
- Keep our data separated and secure across multiple data centers and AWS regions.
- Work with data and analytics experts to strive for greater functionality in our data systems.
Qualifications and Skills
Need to Have Skills:
- Intermediate/Advanced knowledge of Python and the environments it executes in.
- Understanding of relational database modeling (MySQL, SQL Server) and experience using SQL
- BASH scripting, basics of LINUX operating system, including some light administration.
- Git and GitLab or GitHub, (branching, merging, etc.)
- Experience configuring and operating Jenkins
- Some experience developing and deploying solutions on AWS and familiarity with AWS' ecosystem of services
Nice to Have Skills:
- Any production and/or pilot scale experience with Terraform
- Experience/use of one or more NoSQL and/or data warehouse technologies
- Experience using/operating Spark clusters to affect large-scale distributed computations
Really Awesome to Have Skills:
- Any experience and/or good working knowledge of Snowflake, Qubole products, Kubernetes, Docker.
- Willingness to roll up sleeves and do analyst work for the purposes of data exploration and assessment.
- Demonstrated experience in measuring and handling large data sets and relational databases.
- Creativity, flexibility, and an entrepreneurial mindset to the solution of business issues; sound business judgment.
- The ability to meet and exceed deadlines through a demonstrated sense of urgency.
- Clear and concise ability to communicate complex concepts in English.
Benefits and Perks
Our total rewards package is competitive and offers a wide range of options, including tools and resources that help employees live their best life, grow personally and professionally, and get rewarded for the results they deliver. Our benefit programs and services help employees attain their future retirement savings and career goals, as well as help to meet their everyday needs today.
Our benefits are subject to change, and offered to Full-Time, Permanent Employees.
- Ownership—Performance Unit Grants
- Corporate Bonus Program / Sales Incentive Program
- Employee Referral Bonus Program
- 401k Company Match
- 100% employer paid monthly premiums for Employee Only Coverage for Medical, Dental, & Vision.
- 100% employer paid Group Term Life Insurance, Accidental Death & Personal Loss Insurance, and Long-Term Disability.
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs) & HSA's
- Voluntary Benefits:
- Identity Protection Insurance
- Voluntary Term Life Insurance & Group Universal Life Insurance
- Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
- Critical Illness Insurance
- Accident Insurance
- Commuter Spending Account
- Paid Time Off for vacation, illness, and parental leave.
- Company sponsored office parties, events and much more!