Job Overview: Forager is growing. Due to this growth, we’re looking for a Director of Business Analytics. Reporting into the President & CFO, this person will be responsible for building a team that uses business and external data, and statistical methodologies to provide insights into how we make business decisions. You will bring analytical rigor to the organization to create structure, establish cadence and drive overall operational excellence. You will own and lead strategies in translating raw data into valuable business insights, guide initiatives to measure company financial and operational health such as building dashboards and KPIs. You’re a self-starter, a resourceful problem solver with a knack for finding creative solutions, and you work well in a fast-paced environment, simultaneously managing multiple projects. This is an incredible opportunity to make a profound impact on the organization, solve complex problems daily, and to help drive the business forward in more ways than one.
- Partner with cross-department stakeholders to establish and monitor ongoing KPIs, build out data platforms and infrastructure, while defining and bringing to light new business metrics we should be focusing on.
- Present reports and recommendations to the Executive team for use in decision making and strategic planning.
- Dig into a variety of large data sets; identify trends, gaps and opportunities to improve and drive the business forward.
- Use critical thinking and creativity to make strategic recommendations for our go-to-market strategy, monetization optimization and/or new product development features.
- Foster and encourage a culture of analytical rigor and data-driven decision making by bringing insights to every department, informing overarching strategies for growth and focus.
- Drive project execution; clearly and transparently communicating with internal stakeholders about statuses and deliverables.
- Own the design, development, and maintenance of dashboards and their underlying data sets.
- Use data visualization, statistics, and storytelling to effectively answer open-ended questions from team members and Executives.
What You’ll Bring:
- 8-10 years of experience building and managing complex data sets that drive business decisions, strategy and growth ideally in a SaaS/B2B space
- Strong background in data visualization tools, statistics, and measurement; Excel, SQL, R or Python
- Experience building dashboards, specifically in Tableau
- Ability to comfortably and patiently navigate through challenging, ambiguous, and complex data-sets and problems.
- Compelling storyteller with a proven ability to understand problems, translate findings into concise recommendations, polished deliverables and actionable next steps
- Strong communicator; ability to articulate complex concepts clearly to all levels within the organization; non-technical audiences, ICs and Executives
Who we are?
Forager is a logistics tech startup with one goal: simplify cross-border freight with a combination of purpose-built technology and decades of industry experience. We're building an automated and collaborative marketplace that connects cross-border shippers (customers) with their optimal carrier (trucking companies) based on region, price, and service rating.
In response to COVID-19 & Forager’s commitment to keeping our employees, their families and our community safe, we have made the decision to continue working remotely. This means all new hires will be onboarded and trained remotely. In the future, this position will be expected to work onsite at our Chicago HQ, once local government orders indicate that it is possible in addition to when Forager decides it is safe to do so.
Forager is an equal employment opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified candidates without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, military or veteran status, disability, or any other legal protected characteristics.