Director of Digital Inventory at Provi
Since 2016, we have been simplifying the beverage ordering process for bars and restaurants
all across the country. We’ve worked alongside some of the greatest bar managers, beverage
directors, general managers, and other industry professionals to build a platform that alleviates
the pain of ordering alcohol. Once and for all.
Today we’re a well-funded, hungry team with an amazing culture. We’re changing a 240 billion
dollar industry that is ripe and ready for innovation. Sound like something you’d want to be part
Provi is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity
employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to
race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin,
genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Provi is looking for a Director of Digital Inventory to manage the vision, roadmap, acquisition,
and enrichment of our most foundational and proprietary information.
What you’ll be doing
- Own the depth & breadth of Provi’s Products information, including the minimum viable dataset for inclusion/presentation in our data as well as an evolving target for data richness
- Own Market Mapping accuracy & completeness, measuring error rates and incorporating market feedback to continually improve
- Own Retailer data quality, including categorization and/or tagging
- Drive the Inventory improvement roadmap, partnering with Product Development to ensure enhancements support business goals
- Own Provi’s Products taxonomy, and the precision of our product tagging
- Lead the team of specialists and front line data researchers, keeping the team engaged and on target
- Set technical and workforce strategy and implementation, balancing cost/benefit of alternative workforce strategies such as offshoring / crowdsourcing / etc.
- Measure data accuracy and impact, deliver recommendations and incorporate lessons learned into future programs
What we are looking for
- Analytical mindset, ability to synthesize quantitative and qualitative feedback into tactical improvement plans.
- Experience working with large data sets, measuring and ensuring accuracy.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, gift for persuasion, voracious listening.
- Collaborative work style, able to influence product roadmaps, inspire cross-functional collaboration, and deliver complicated projects ahead of schedule.
- Self-direction, willingness to make decisions with incomplete information, integrity to own inevitable mistakes, ingenuity to overcome them.
- Ability to lead and coach a distributed team of data entry associates, data specialists, and advanced analysts.
What’s in it for you
- Make an impact: Work directly with the management team to help grow the business.
- Room to grow: Provi is growing fast and you should too. Learn and develop with us.
- Benefits: Health, Dental, Vision. Very generous PTO and ½ day Fridays in the Summer.
- Energy at work: Work out of our amazing office in River North with snacks, drinks, happy hours, etc.
- Be a part of something big: Join a dynamic and innovative team that is working to change a major industry.
Working at Provi is a chance to take your career to the next level. By joining the company now,
you’re getting an opportunity to grow as we grow. And, personal growth opportunities are
limitless here. If you can dream it, you’re given the tools you need so you can do it. We wouldn’t
be where we are today without our talented team who continually drive our product, company
and culture forward.