Director, Global Data Governance (Management Director) at ServiceNow
General Data Governance Responsibilities
- Develop, Drive, and Own a world-class Data Governance Strategy for ServiceNow.
- Coordinate critical cross-functional decisions regarding Data Management strategy with regard to data preservation, privacy, deletion, and entitlement processes.
- Ensure compliance with national and international standards and legislation regarding data handling.
- Promote quality achievement and performance improvement throughout the organization.
- Support DG team in the development and implementation of goals, objectives, policies, procedures and systems pertaining to Data Governance.
Area of Focus Responsibilities
- Adoption - Effectively interact with teams to drive process owner adoption and compliance with Data Governance Policy, Data Management Standard, Data Classification Standard and other related processes. Be a Data Governance evangelist.
- Roadmap - Evaluate and assess effectiveness of overall data governance program using trending of feedback systems, such as customer/internal audit, industry best practice, and make recommendations for improvement to impacted areas of the organization
- Consult and Shepherd - Discover, uncover and shepherd continuous improvement efforts throughout the organization related to Data Governance, focusing on customer impacting and/or organization’s commitments as data controller, as assigned
- Evangelize - Drive education and communication to the organization and customers as needed
- Get better every day - Drive continuous improvement within the Data Governance Office to ensure efficiency and value to the organization and our customers
Key Areas Required for Success
- Effectively bring together staff of different disciplines, driving the group to plan, formulate and agree to comprehensive data governance procedures
- Persuade reluctant staff to change their way of working to incorporate proper data governance methods; effectively communicate need and urgency for change with leadership
- Interact/communicate with all levels within organization as well as customers and suppliers both written and verbally
- College degree required. Masters in Business Administration, Analytics, Data Science, Data Management, preferred
- Minimum 10 years prior experience in Data Governance
- 10 years’ experience, driving change, process improvement, and/or program management
- Management Experience Required
- Stellar interpersonal / communication skills
- Demonstrated exceptional written and oral communication skills
- Passion and alignment with our mission, vision, values & operating principles
- Passion for working in a values-based company in alignment with a learning organization
- Experience in participation in customer-facing activities
- Desire to own decisions and take responsibility and drive for outcomes
- Willingness to travel when required (as needed per company guidelines due to COVID-19 restrictions)
- Enjoys balance of interaction with people and analysis
- Experience with fast moving / high growth organizations
- Works well with diverse work styles and personalities
- Previous Experience leading a Data Management Team
- Previous experience in Software Development Industry
- Knowledgeable about ServiceNow Platform
- Security/Privacy certifications
- Knowledgeable in industry best practice for data management compliance; experience with regulated/financial/life science
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Experience driving projects / leading to success
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity, or veteran status. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at [email protected] for assistance.