Director, Strategy & Analytics
Are you searching for your next major professional achievement?
Groupon is a leader in ecommerce marketplaces, connecting consumers with merchants anywhere anytime. We are building the future of local business and together impact the lives of 49MM+ people and merchants who use our tools every single day. With thousands of employees across 15 countries, we operate at a global scale but still maintain a culture that inspires innovation, rewards risk-taking, and celebrates successes. If you want to take more ownership of your career, you're ready to be part of Groupon.
Groupon is looking for a tenacious, analytic and strategic Director to lead Strategy and Analytics for Groupon North America verticals. The Director role, in partnership with the vertical General Managers (“GMs”), will be responsible for using data and analytics to develop and implement strategies around supply, demand, product, pricing and promotions that drive long term growth. This position will bring thought leadership and a strategic mindset toward discovering opportunities and identifying recommendations to improve performance in an evolving business.
We're a "best of both worlds" kind of company. We're big enough to have resources and scale, but small enough that a single person has a surprising amount of autonomy and can make a meaningful impact. We're curious, fun, a little intense, and kind of obsessed with helping local businesses thrive. Does that sound like a compelling place to work?
- You will lead and develop the team supporting vertical strategy and analytics
- You will partner with vertical GMs to drive vertical supply acquisition strategy and sales enablement
- You will discover ways to de-average business / vertical performance and understand and communicate key business drivers across supply, demand and funnel
- Use demand / funnel / consumer insights to identify merchandising / marketing / product / sales opportunities and, as a result, drive optimization efforts
- Engage cross-functionally to get results and build scalable solutions to complex problems rooted in analytics, such as optimization of supply, pricing, merchant economics/deal structure and promotions
- Evaluate vertical external distribution opportunities
- Partner closely with central revenue management, commercial finance and marketing to understand and evaluate trade-offs of vertical strategies to Groupon overall
- Use data to identify, develop and drive execution of key medium to long term business opportunities to improve financial and operational performance
- Advocate for prioritization of insights / analytics improvements that support business / vertical growth needs
- Monitor both top line and bottom line impact of programs deployed to achieve growth
- Lead and handle data analysis needs across a number of key initiatives; derive actionable insights for the North America senior leadership team and serve as key thought partner to the President of North America and Vice President Commercial Finance
- Use and deploy insights within a vertical across verticals, where applicable
- 10+ years of professional experience
- MBA or advanced degree in quantitative discipline preferred
- Results-oriented, highly high-energy, dynamic individual with hands-on mentality
- Self-starter, highly flexible, ability to handle changing directions/priorities and roles as business needs evolve
- Ability to manipulate data and derive insights from complex datasets
- Strategic program development and big picture thinking in consumer e-commerce
- Validated problem solving skills; strategic, analytical thinker with strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to translate high level business problems into objective functions with concise and logical requirements
- Ability and confidence to succinctly convey complex information to senior management
- Proven ability to work both independently and within cross functional teams
Groupon is an equal opportunity employer
Groupon provides a global marketplace where people can buy just about anything, anywhere, anytime. We’re enabling real-time commerce across an expanding range of categories including local businesses, travel destinations, consumer products, and live or lively events. At the same time, we are providing advertising options and tools that merchants can use to grow and manage their businesses. Culturally, we believe that great people make great companies and that starting with the customer and working backward moves us forward. Community matters to us on an internal, local and global scale—it’s fundamental to our company’s growth and to the well-being of the world at large. We also value self-awareness, candor, lunch and WiFi. If we match with you, please apply to join us.