At VillageMD, we are committed to helping patients achieve greater health by delivering the most effective, accessible and efficient healthcare in the world through partnership with primary care providers. We're in a unique position to impact everyone in primary care from independent, family-owned practices to premier health systems.
Integral to the successful launch of our national practice management operations, we are looking for an EMR Analyst to join our growing team. In this role, you will support a wide range of projects aimed at optimizing the way our providers and practices leverage their EMR to deliver high-quality care.
As EMR Analyst, you will be responsible for:
- Coordinating with operations team members to conduct assessments of how practices are currently utilizing their EHR systems and identify areas where their systems can be optimized to support value-based care.
- Serving as in-house expert for 1-2 of our highest volume EHRs, developing point of view on best practices to support value-based care initiatives.
- Identifying common approaches, such as templates or workflows that practices can use to achieve specific aims, such as Medicare Annual Wellness Visits or quality gap closure.
- Developing educational materials that can assist operating team members and practice staff in understanding how best to utilize EHR systems.
- Understand relevant EHR vendor system updates specifically related to population health management.
What will make you successful here?
- Willingness to learn, take initiative and be resourceful
- Bias for action
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Flexibility in an ambiguous and dynamic environment
- Inclination towards team-based work product and results
- A low ego and humility; an ability to gain trust through strong communication and doing what you say you will do
What you bring to VillageMD:
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Experience working in EMRs, preferably athenahealth and eClinicalWorks
- Internship experience in a consulting firm or high-growth start-up environment is a serious plus
- Genuine interest in or connection to the healthcare industry
- Experience working in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, and Word
- Ability and willingness to travel up to 50% to VMD markets