ENGINEER SOFTWARE IN TEST, BIG DATA
Big Data Software Engineer in Test
Conversant is a leader in personalized digital marketing. We are transforming digital marketing by empowering leading brands to engage in one-to-one conversations with real people. We can help virtually any brand leverage the power of personalization to improve marketing results.
You will be an integral member of our Data QA Team, working side by side with project managers, developers and other engineering teams to build quality into our applications at every state of development. The successful candidate will be part of a high-performing development team. At Conversant our applications process 150 billions events resulting in more than 30 TB of data per day, hence we need to make sure the quality of our data is always high. If you consider yourself a data detective, come me and join the Data Pipeline QA team at Conversant, where our passion is to find bugs, track them down and eliminate them. We do this by using the latest Big Data tools and frameworks like Hadoop, Flume, Kafka, Hive, MapReduce, Spark, Hbase, Cassandra among others.
- Test applications against business requirements to assure alignment between businesses needs, the written requirements and the software delivered.
- Write, revise and execute test plans that will efficiently test the quality of our software applications
- Proactively assess risks and help to find issues as early as possible
- Write automated integration tests using Java or Scala. You will be writing code to break code.
- Develop utility scripts to test, track, and verify defects in software program
- Participation in release process by assuring only quality software is released to production.
- Manage multiple project tasks simultaneously
- Create new and maintain existing documentation for testing the team’s applications
- Help to improve our software development process by building in automated integration and regression test suites.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science (or related course work or job experience)
- At least 1.5 years of previous testing experience, preferably backend testing
- Organized with attention to detail
- Self-started and be able to work independently
- Team player with strong entrepreneurial attitude
- Passion for self-improvement and continual learning
- Analytical and curious mind with interest in interpreting data
- Enthusiastic about helping to deliver high-quality applications, and love to break things and track down bugs
- Working knowledge of Java or similar programming languages
- Basic understanding of SQL preferred
- Unafraid to write code to break code
- Experience with any part of Hadoop stack (MapReduce, Spark,Hive,Hbase,Cassandra, etc.) a plus