What’s Our Dish
Announced in May 2018, Peapod Digital Labs (PDL) is an Ahold Delhaize USA company that powers the eCommerce and digital strategies for the Great Local Brands of Ahold Delhaize USA. Accelerating growth in digital and personalization capabilities, PDL is an innovation lab focused on meeting the changing needs of customers, regardless of when, where, and how consumers choose to shop.
Browse the Aisles
Responsible for partnering across all ADUSA Brands to evaluate appropriate avenue to achieve optimal value (cost + quality) for the category assortment. Responsible for delivering all corporate wide Fresh COGs and savings budget planning and execution. Ensures that cross brand Fresh Category teams are educated on market influences & aligned with end-to-end cost and supplier selection strategies. Responsible for driving connectivity across Fresh Category for all ADUSA brands, PDL, RBS, and internal & external partners (including suppliers, Supply Chain, Finance, Economists, Sustainability, etc.) to leverage size and scale and optimize performance & savings opportunities.
Recipe for Success - What's “in store” for the role
- Independently perform the following responsibilities and teach/train/oversee others work for complex categories/events requiring advanced category understanding, independent decision making, & extensive planning & forethought.
- Thought partner and/or lead across all brands on assortment, specs, supplier selection, packaging & supply chain implications, and Financials/Margin Management.
- Understand and interpret Commodity Market impacts & other market influences (ie. tariffs, pandemics, etc.) and partner with the Commodity Strategists on relevant impacts to current contracts and/or upcoming events.?
- Maintain market surveillance and develop plans to maintain and/or gain competitive advantages thru appropriate timing for execution and/or support of Sourcing events.?
- Negotiate and/or advise on supplier costs, performance metrics, long-range plans and pursue supplier partnership opportunities?.
- Negotiate business terms, new item cost negotiation, NFR coordination, Supply Chain interaction and/or logistical coordination?.
- Plan & execute RFPs & teach/train/oversee the work of analysts requiring oversight.
- Responsible for (1) providing all necessary input for the preparation of Fresh contracts (MSAs, PLMSAs, CRCs, Schedules, etc.) & (2) accountable for the final documentation review/approval.
The Essentials In Your Cart - The required ingredients
- 6+ years of related Sourcing, Negotiating, Category, & vendor management experience (preferred). Ability to effectively teach/train/direct the work of others and provide constructive & timely feedback on performance.
- Fluency with both financial acumen (P&L management) & understanding & interpreting commodity markets. Demonstrated success with educating others on these topics.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and related work experience. Master's degree preferred.
- Project Management/Facilitation.
- Change Management.
- Advanced presentation skills (both developing the story & delivering it).
- Demonstrated facilitation skills over multiple media types (video conferences, TEAMS, Skype, conference calls, in-person meetings, etc.) with varying size groups (typically 5-25).
- Mastery of Microsoft suite, Strong communication & presentation skills (verbal and written), Proven ability to interpret and react to syndicated data reports (e.g. IRI, etc.), Exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent conflict management skills & extensive knowledge of industry and suppliers.
Join Us at Our Table
Peapod Digital Labs is a forward-thinking company with a strong legacy of innovation. We recognize who powers our progress – our people! We offer a great variety of benefits and perks to our employees, including: great health care options, including PPO and HSA plans (with company contributions), dental, vision, flexible spending accounts, a 401k with strong company match and immediate vesting, and generous and flexible paid time off.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We comply with all applicable federal, state and local laws. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to sex, race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship status, religion, age, marital status (including civil unions), military service, veteran status, pregnancy (including childbirth and related medical conditions), genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, legally recognized disability, domestic violence victim status or any other characteristic protected by law.