Roles and Responsibilities:
REQUIRED TECHNICAL SKILLS:
- The successful candidate will perform mainframe database software upgrades coupled with administration and tuning to support our customers' CA IDMS environments.
- The individual will need to work with vendor personnel to achieve timely solutions of database problems.
- The individual will be responsible for day-to-day database maintenance such as database definition changes, backups and restores, monitoring space growth, database reorganizations, creating and maintaining disaster recovery procedures and overall support of customer needs and requests.
- The successful candidate will be called upon to perform a variety of tasks including database optimization, database performance reviews and tuning, and new client onboarding.
- The individual will provide 24x7 on call support as part of a scheduled rotation with other team members.
- The individual will maintain documentation for all the tasks completed on a regular basis and adhere the change management policy.
- System programming knowledge of multiple DBMS's is a bonus.
- Bachelor's degree required and/or equivalent work experience.
- 5+ years of professional experience in CA IDMS and related products for administration and systems programming support.
- Extensive experience with the following:
- Best practices of software management, maintenance and documentation
- Configure and manage CA IDMS and related products such as CA IDMS ADS/Online
- Develop strategies, processes and best practices in CA IDMS systems programming
- Establishing policies and procedures pertaining to database management, disaster recovery, product and database security, maintenance and utilization
- Reviewing new versions of CA IDMS and related products for functionality, advising how they benefit the client
- Interacting with vendors for problems and questions
- Apply IDMS maintenance as required with knowledge of SMP/E
- Disaster recovery of system and application databases
- Troubleshooting and solving production database issues
- Identification and resolution of performance issues
- Database administration including administering and customizing CA IDMS
- Database design and experience with batch and online CA IDMS IDD
- Database monitoring including space monitoring and performance monitoring using CA Sysview and Perfmon.
- Coding and usage of CA IDMS and related products utilities
- Support planned (disaster recovery) and unplanned (emergency) database recovery activities
- Experience in a large, 24x7 environment and the ability to manage competing priorities
- Demonstrated ability to respond quickly and effectively to support requests from multiple clients
- After hours on-call support
- Ability to write, debug and tune SQL
- Previous experience in a CA IDMS environment required
- Self-motivated and able to work independently
- Excellent communication skills (written, verbal and presentations)
- Ability to work as part of a team and assist teammates when needed
Read Full Job Description