Information Technology Manager
At NextCapital, we build financial software that helps everyday investors build and manage a world-class financial portfolio. Our work directly benefits the millions of Americans who can’t afford traditional financial advice, by providing them a solution driven by software. Working with the world’s leading financial institutions, our software tackles the complex challenges of providing financial advice through an intuitive and engaging user experience.
JOIN OUR TEAM
Our ability to be successful starts with our people, and we’re looking for someone who is passionate about developing and supporting our Corporate Network and Information Technology systems. The ideal candidate is an experienced Information Technology Team Manager who is comfortable architecting and managing a growing Team owning Information Technology.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
This is a hands-on managerial role with responsibility over NextCapital’s multi-location corporate network and IT services effectiveness and operational quality. You will report to the Chief Technology Officer and work closely with the leadership in DevOps, Security and Engineering. This is an exceptionally smart, fun, and energetic team.
- Manage multi-location Corporate Network, Firewalls, VPN, WIFI APs and VOIP Phone services
- Manage Google Suite and a host of other Application Services provided to employees
- Manage VMWare servers
- Manage Workforce IT Help Desk
- Manage Backups and DR/BC readiness
- Effectively prioritize work, encourage best practices and coach your team.
- Lead our Corporate Network and IT infrastructure allocations, licenses and costs management.
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- You must have experience being a hands on manager of a Corporate Network and IT services delivery team with multiple direct reports supporting high uptime
- You have 5+ years information and networking technology experience with 2+ years in a management position in a high-growth environment
- You have experience with with Linux, OS X and Windows environments
- You possess great analytical and problem-solving abilities to address security risks
- You have experience with network architecture topology design, including network security.
- You have a bachelor degree in Information Systems or equivalent experience, masters degree preferred.
- You are technically aware and are keeping up to date on current technology trends
- You have experience working in highly regulated environments: SEC and/or FINRA
WHY YOU’LL LOVE IT
- Disrupt the financial advice industry by bringing affordable, easy to use financial tools to millions of people
- See the impact of your work as you help in our continued growth
- Enjoy a laid back work environment surrounded by top quality people that enjoy working with each other
- Receive great benefits like stock options, 401(k) match, and top notch health benefits
- Get in on the ground floor of a growth stage company where you can have a real impact on the company's future
- Participate in company-sponsored cornhole leagues, Thursday After Hours (trivia, wine tastings, treats), book club, film club, fantasy football leagues, hackathons and other fun events
- Enjoy our newly renovated office, located on Michigan Avenue, with an unobstructed view of both the lake and Millennium Park.
- Enjoy locally roasted coffee, cold brew, iced tea, or espresso at your modular sitting/standing desk