Ocient is seeking an Infrastructure Analyst who can join a small but growing team who are passionate about helping our company grow. If making an impact while working with a broad range of technologies and highly skilled co-workers, then we are excited for you to apply. You'll be an important contributor with the opportunity to help build and support the Ocient cloud used by a majority of our customers.
- End user computing / help desk including MacOS, Windows and the hardware
- Administer productivity software including Active Directory, Office 365, cloud providers, Atlassian, Zoom, etc.
- Support office, data center operations including server installation, networking Wi-Fi, etc
- Work with vendors to help with both hardware and software purchasing
- Assist with security operations including user provisioning and SSO
- Automate repetitive tasks
- Write / Update documentation
- Diagnose problems, perform root cause analysis
- Identify issues, propose solutions / new ideas to management
- Responsibilities may change as our team / company grows
- Proven strong communication skills
- BA/BS degree in related field
- Ability to go on site to our data centers to support physical hardware
- Understanding of server hardware
- Physical Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
- Understanding of Linux and/or PowerShell commands
- Willing to be part of an on call rotation
- Candidates must be local to the Greater Chicago Area
- 3+ years of experience provisioning and supporting end user software devices
- Experience racking and stacking server hardware
- Experience in scripting languages such as Bash or Python
Ocient is a Chicago-based, venture-funded startup building a SQL compliant, exabyte-scale database platform that achieves better performance than Hadoop and NoSQL systems. It is a distributed system optimized for NVMe drives, RDMA networks and high core count processors and is written in C++. We are led by a management team with seven successful startup exits, including Cleversafe which was the largest software startup exit in Chicago’s history.