Internal Audit Senior Data Analyst
Are you ready for a massive professional challenge?
Want to see your analytical skills impact the success of local businesses around the world?
Groupon’s mission is to become the daily habit in local commerce and fulfill our purpose of building strong communities through thriving small businesses by connecting people to a vibrant, global marketplace for local services, experiences, and goods. In the process, we’re positively impacting the lives of millions of customers and merchants globally. Even with thousands of employees spread across multiple continents, we still maintain a culture that inspires innovation, rewards risk-taking, and celebrates success. If you want to take more ownership of your career, then you're ready to be part of Groupon.
The Internal Audit team is devoted to ensuring that risk management and control processes are running as smoothly as possible. We have dynamic growth and little room for error, so data plays an integral role in our decision-making process. As we navigate the uncharted waters of local e-commerce, we continue to form new iterations of how we operate as a business. By joining our team, you’ll provide assurance to management on whether significant risks are being properly identified and controls are operating effectively.
The position will primarily focus on implementing and monitoring continuous auditing processes. Additionally, you will perform projects to help access, analyze, interpret, and illustrate data to craft recommendations to your team and partners.
We're a "best of both worlds" kind of company. We're big enough to have resources and scale, but small enough that a single person has a surprising amount of autonomy and can make a meaningful impact. We're curious, fun, a little intense, and kind of obsessed with helping local businesses thrive. Does that sound like a compelling place to work?
You’ll spend time on the following:
- You will design and implement continuous auditing tests in ACL to monitor key business risks
- You will build dashboards in Tableau and reports in order to provide meaningful insight to business data
- You will execute audit programs and discuss value added recommendations with management
- You will streamline assurance services by automating testing procedures
- You will lead department trainings related to data collection and analysis
- You will track key performance indicators to evaluate success of data analysis initiatives
We’re excited about you if you have:
- Experience with ACL or IDEA is required
- Prior experience in audit is a plus
- Experience with SQL, Python, and Tableau is helpful
- 3+ years professional business data analytics experience
- Bachelor’s degree in STEM, Business, or Economics required; Master’s degree preferred
- You have a builder mentality; you identify problems quickly and are eager to build solutions from scratch, not just improve on others work
- You're proactive and feel comfortable adapting to change in a fast-paced work environment
- Whether it's via email or presentation, you're able to communicate complex information simply and clearly
Groupon provides a global marketplace where people can buy just about anything, anywhere, anytime. We’re enabling real-time commerce across an expanding range of categories including local businesses, travel destinations, consumer products, and live or lively events. At the same time, we are providing advertising options and tools that merchants can use to grow and manage their businesses. Culturally, we believe that great people make great companies and that starting with the customer and working backward moves us forward. Community matters to us on an internal, local and global scale—it’s fundamental to our company’s growth and to the well-being of the world at large. We also value self-awareness, candor, lunch and WiFi. If we match with you, please apply to join us.