Jr. Personal Care Data Specialist
Label Insight is the industry leader in powering product attribute-driven growth across the consumer-packaged goods ecosystem. Their patented technology harnesses data science and machine learning to create best-in-class product attribute data with more than 22,000 high-order attributes per product.
Covering more than 80 percent of top selling food, pet, and personal care items in the U.S., Label Insight enables companies to unlock new growth opportunities and power digital innovation across their business while empowering consumers to make more informed purchasing decisions with better product transparency.
The company, with locations in Chicago and St. Louis, supports industry leading clients including Unilever, ConAgra, Pepsi, Walmart, Target, Albertsons, Petco, Meijer, Dole and numerous other CPG brands and retailers.
About the Team
The Data Transformation team is a highly driven team of subject matter experts who specialize in the creation of customer-facing data insights (high order attributes) via the strategic development and maintenance of Label Insight’s taxonomical product data. The team is composed of a food and non-food subsection which operate closely together to build cohesive solutions. It is this team’s responsibility to apply thought leadership and industry expertise across regulations and trends, enabling Label Insight to provide cutting-edge insights to our customers. The Data Transformation team's primary focus is the development, organization, and quality analysis of data in order to build new high-order attributes and customer insights. The team also dedicates approximately 1/3 of its time liaising with both internal stakeholders and customers to better understand their goals and challenges to help shape solution recommendations.
This position is an entry-level position on the non-foods team which is primarily focused on cosmetics, OTC medications, household cleaners, and dietary supplements. A degree in a scientific field and proven ability to conduct thorough research is highly desirable as non-food ingredients can be very technical in nature. The ideal candidate is a natural communicator, has an eye for detail and a passion for getting things right. You should enjoy learning new things and have the ability to develop and manage independent projects. Top candidates will have experience supporting customers. Familiarity with syndicated data is a plus. The ability to multitask, manage numerous priorities, and a strong interest in the CPG industry and/or one of the applicable product types (cosmetics, OTC medications, household cleaners, and dietary supplements) will help a candidate to succeed in this role. The candidate will gain a deep understanding of Label Insight’s data structure and product offerings in order to help assist Senior-level team members or internal stakeholders, and support customers.
- With support, demonstrate how Label Insight’s solutions can solve customer business objectives and meet end goals, all the while overcoming any challenges throughout the sales cycle in order to increase sales process velocity and customer demand.
- Meet a business requirement with a technical solution, including but not limited to managing and executing customer pilots and proof of concepts with support as needed.
- Work with internal and external customers to design new offerings using existing data sets, with the ability to strategically advocate for prioritization of new datasets based on customer demand with support as needed.
- Complete in-depth research from numerous scientific sources, summarize findings and create recommendations for database applications. Research typically surrounds regulation and industry trends.
- Understand FDA and EPA regulation as it impacts personal care, household cleaners, and medicine products.
- Develop familiarity with product formulation on an ingredient level and functional composition.
- Help to manage a database of ingredients, marketing claims, and active ingredient data.
- Utilize our multiple internal platforms to access product information and gather meaningful insights or answer customer questions
- Lead individual quarterly projects as assigned
- Create reports for both clients and internal management.
- Provide status updates to management addressing project status, risks, and issues
- A Bachelor’s degree, preferably in a scientific field.
- Ability to travel up to 10% of the time.
- Proven ability to perform research.
- Highly organized and detail oriented.
- Ability to quickly learn and grow under the mentorship of industry experts.
- Drive and communication skills necessary to work with customers to create solutions which meet business use cases.
- Experience with data analysis.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills and knowledge of business intelligence tools.
- Ability to thrive working in a fast-paced team environment.
- Desire to grow and develop a career.
- Transparency: We share information freely and concisely as a team
- Collaboration: We respect diversity and work toward the solution together
- Iteration and Innovation: We speak up early, are honest about our limits, and leverage failure as an asset
- Intellectual Honesty and Humility: We encourage open debate and favor the best ideas
- Accountability: We own the successes and failures of our team
- Quality Driven: We hold our work to the highest standards and embrace problems as opportunities
- Flexible paid vacation
- Flexible work hours
- Kitchen stocked with snacks, drinks, a kegerator and more!
- Casual, dog-friendly, open-layout workspace
- Company subsidized Health Insurance, and 401(k) and commuter benefits
- Competitive salary and stock options
- Catered team lunches every other week
- Regular team events and happy hours
- Maternity/Paternity Leave
Does this sound like you? We'd love to talk to you!
Label Insight is an Equal Opportunity Employer