The Knowledge Management Analyst is an innovative position responsible for authoring knowledge articles for internal and external channels and storing them in a streamlined knowledge base for all employees to easily access. This role will be expected to constantly maintain, update, and restructure this database, while troubleshooting any question that employees have regarding its usage.
We aspire for the Knowledge Management Analyst to contribute towards masterminding a modern approach to knowledge acquisition company-wide, therefore content writing and rewriting is a major component. A background in technical writing as well as expertise in HTML code are required. If you know you have a futuristic ability for making forgotten archives new again and a magical touch for translating disorganized and complex pieces of information into comprehensible and dependable resources, then you may be the individual we seek.
A successful candidate will be technically-minded and superiorly skilled in attention to detail. You must be able to work independently, meet established deadlines, and develop strong relationships with numerous departments across our organization to acquire, update, and disseminate knowledge articles.
What You'll Do:
The below represents the primary duties of the position, others may be assigned as needed. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions:
- Compose technical articles, including appropriate metadata, in response to user inquiries and new product releases
- Work with distributed authoring teams to acquire and/or import content from other sources to move to a single source repository
- Ensure the use of effective taxonomy in synonyms, keywords and other metadata
- Apply appropriate personalization to articles to maintain the correct security of specific content.
- Coordinate timely workflow approval of content
- Coordinate with other departments to evaluate dynamic guidance logic and build and maintain logic, end-point articles, and guidance articles
- Update articles based on the monitored analytics
- Complete periodic structured reviews to confirm content is relevant, usable, up-to-date and assigned correctly
- Occasional coaching of the distributed authoring teams when needed.
- Attend early-user information sessions about new product releases, provide suggestions and critical feedback
- Work cross-functionally to learn upcoming product features
- Complete special projects as assigned
- Exhibit a strong leadership presence, positive self-confidence and intuition
What You Bring:
- 3 years minimum, technical writing experience
- BA/BS degree, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Proficiency with Microsoft Outlook and Office Suite – Word, PowerPoint
- HTML coding-able to read and translate (at minimum)
- Previous experience authoring in eGain or another knowledge tool is desired.
- Understand the difference between content management and knowledge management.
- Researched knowledge of changes and enhancements in the software and technical feature documents
- Attention to detail and analytical skills
- Strong listening, written and oral communication skills
- Time management proficiency with a focus on project deadlines
- Ability to quickly grasp and understand complex, technical applications and translate that information into various formats to educate various audiences
In response to COVID-19 & Paylocity’s commitment to keeping our employees safe, our Knowledge Management Analysts are currently working remotely. Knowledge Management Analysts will onboard and receive training remotely. In the future, this role will be required to work onsite, as outlined by the department, once local government orders indicate that it is possible in addition to when Paylocity determines it is safe to do so.