Lead Data Engineer
Our mission is to create the most personalized and authentic fan experiences in the world. We're a marketplace where fans can book personalized video shoutouts from their favorite people. We've helped create over 300,000 moments for our customers and built a marketplace for over 20,000 talent to connect with their biggest fans. We’re breaking down the exclusivity myth of celebrity by building personal relationships between fans and talent.
Cameo is one of LinkedIn’s Top 50 Startups to Work For and also recognized on TIME Magazine's 50 Most Genius Companies list. We are a global company, headquartered in Chicago, IL in the Fulton Market neighborhood and HQ2 in Venice, CA.
We recently closed our Series B round led by Kleiner Perkins who has backed other tech giants including Google, Spotify, and Amazon. Join our team and be able to experience a rocketship from its early days. We want you to be excited about coming to work every day, knowing that the work you dedicate yourself to will have a material impact and help shape the direction of the next great tech company.
About the Role:
You will be helping us improve & scale the platform that connects fans and talent to create the perfect video shoutout. In particular, you will help us make sure we can support our growing data team’s needs securely and performantly.
As a data engineering lead, you will be the visionary and executor of the data engineering roadmap, and also the architect for building out these solutions.The data engineering team works across multiple technologies, primarily our data infrastructure (AWS redshift, AWS Lambda, Amplitude, Google Analytics, Tableau), backend API (node.js + express), database (mongoDB), and infrastructure (Heroku + Redis + AWS + Atlas).
- Partner with internal stakeholders to build and maintain data processing and analytics tools for internal and product-application solutions
- Translate requests into replicable solutions using varying applications
- Design and implement data schemas, real-time pipelines, and batch processing jobs to support analytical modeling, data products, and reporting needs
- Work with stakeholders to develop data expertise and resolve upstream issues relating to data quality
- Define best practices and design for the management of data
- Create tools to serve data such as APIs and packages
- You will help drive a Data mindset and culture across the company
Engineering Culture and Values:
Check out our Key Values profile
A few things about yourself:
- 5+ years experience working as a data engineer, in particular data pipelines and SQL dbs
- 1+ years experience with NoSQL databases (MongoDB or Elasticsearch preferred)
- 5+ years experience with programming languages (Python, Java, R, and/or Scala preferred)
- 3+ years experience with data processing technologies (e.g. Spark, Kafka)
- Excellent communication skills, including a knack for clear documentation
- Experience managing data transformation processes and making data available through service applications and databases.
What we hope you’ll bring to the table:
- Experience working with Redshift, Postgres, Airflow, Docker
- Experience supporting product analytics, with an emphasis on web/mobile applications
- Some experience with frontend web-development
- Experience defining and implementing APIs
Cameo is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive and welcoming environment for every person who walks through our doors. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need. Cameo celebrates and embraces diversity.