Lead Data Scientist - Analytics at Relativity
The Senior Data Scientist will develop machine-learning-inspired products for the e-Discovery and Financial Compliance industries in close collaboration with product leaders and engineers. You will use your experience in NLP to build models involving big data and privacy concerns.
Relativity is investing in AI -- you will shape the culture, best practices, and vision of how machine learning and AI are used at Relativity. You'll have the freedom to experiment with and participate in deciding which big data, deep learning and NLP tools are right for Relativity, such as Spark, PyTorch, TensorFlow, SpaCy or AllenNLP. This role will report into the Manager of Software Engineering.
Your Role in Action
- Develop machine-learning models and algorithms to be released as new product features.
- Work with engineers to develop production-level code and contribute to the entire deployment lifecycle.
- Help develop internal standards, processes and tooling for a new data science team.
- Work with Product to assemble datasets for evaluation and model-building.
- 5 years of data science experience in a business setting, OR 3 years of data science experience in a business setting with data science education (e.g., advanced degree, certifications, coursework, bootcamp, or mentored projects).
- Implemented and deployed machine-learning models that realized material business impact, and contributed to the entire lifecycle of the models from data acquisition to model monitoring and updating.
- Experience solving problems in NLP, such as: text segmentation, text classification, conceptual similarity metrics, entity extraction, transfer learning, cross-lingual transfer, natural language generation.
- Experience building and deploying machine-learning models on a cloud platform such as AWS, GCP or Azure.
- Proficient in object-oriented programming and scripting in a language such as Python.
- Comfortable with command-line tools.
- Use inclusive language whenever possible, communicate data science concepts to colleagues of all backgrounds, and use technical vocabulary judiciously and with intention
Relativity is a diverse workplace with different skills and life experiences-and we love and celebrate those differences. We believe that employees are happiest when they're empowered to be their full, authentic selves, regardless how you identify.
Comprehensive health, dental, and vision plans
Parental leave for primary and secondary caregivers
Flexible work arrangements
Two, week-long company breaks per year
Unlimited time off
Training investment program
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.