About The Opportunity
We’re all about connecting hungry diners with our network of over 300,000 restaurants nationwide. Innovative technology, user-friendly platforms and streamlined delivery capabilities set us apart and make us an industry leader in the world of online food ordering. When you join our team, you become part of a community that works together to innovate, solve problems, grow, work hard and have a ton of fun in the process!
Why Work For Us
Grubhub is a place where authentically fun culture meets innovation and teamwork. We believe in empowering people and opening doors for new opportunities. If you’re looking for a place that values strong relationships, embraces diverse ideas–all while having fun together–Grubhub is the place for you!
The Data Analytics team at Grubhub is responsible for data architecture, instrumentation, and reporting. We own data cleanliness end-to-end, from architecting and transforming raw data, to serving as the domain and technical experts that translate business needs into beautiful data products.
We work in close collaboration with teams across Product, Engineering, Finance, Marketing and Design to understand and anticipate the needs of our business and ensure that our data can be utilized to understand, evaluate, and measure the performance and progress of our product features, initiatives, and markets. You’ll work on key projects alongside our product managers, data scientists, data engineers, and our senior leadership team. These projects add tremendous value to the business and we are looking for a thoughtful, driven, and curious analytics lead to push the business even further.
The Impact You Will Make
- Be a key curator of our data. The tags, Hive views, dashboards and reports you will help design will ultimately impact how our stakeholders and broader company; access, understand and utilize our proprietary data set built around structured web event logs and key transactional data
- Work closely with Product, Engineering, and Finance teams to ensure upstream changes to our product and business can be captured and integrated into our existing data model, and when needed manage the design and development of additional assets and capabilities
- Design client-side analytics tags and methodologies for tag documentation, testing protocols, ensuring data consistency across new and existing data tracking
- Collaborate with data scientists, product managers, marketers, and analysts to craft analytics deliverables and integrate analytics into strategic-minded dashboards, reports, and ad-hoc analyses.
- Improve our team workflow through knowledge sharing and documentation around our data.
About the right team member
You’re a curious, highly motivated, quantitative-minded thinker who enjoys helping design data systems and analyze behavior at the crossroads of mobile, local, social and commerce. Perhaps you’re a Data Analyst with a curiosity around data infrastructure and data architecture. Perhaps you’re a Data Engineer with an interest in building deeper business domain expertise. Perhaps you love translating business requirements into elegant tables and dashboards. In this role, you'll have an opportunity to do all of the above and drive impact on a large scale by delivering trusted, transformed data that the entire company and senior leadership will use to power product and business decisions.
What You Bring to the Table
- 5-7 years of relevant web and native app data analytics/ data engineering experience
- Bachelor's degree required
- Fantastic database experience - architecting data collection solutions and dealing with very large session and web event data sets
- Experience mining data with advanced SQL and business intelligence tools - we leverage Presto and Redash as well as Tableau
- A deep understanding and experience with structured web event data, specifically front end tag creation, collection, data architecture, and data analysis
- Comfort with A/B Testing methodologies, experiment design and segmentation
- A highly analytical mind with a demonstrated ability to conduct and interpret quantitative and qualitative analyses
- Comfort drawing insights from analysis and building support for your perspective, having a keen eye to simplify complex, large data sets into easily digestible visualizations
- A strong sense of accountability and ownership and the ability to proactively manage multiple priorities, and adapt to a rapidly changing environment
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to be a quick learner who thrives under ambiguity
- A great team player with a strong value system, unquestioned integrity and solid listening skills
- Inspired by our mission to deliver food happiness
And Of Course, Perks!
- Flexible PTO. Grubhub employees enjoy a generous amount of time to recharge.
- Health and Wellness. Excellent medical benefits, employee network groups and paid parental leave are just a few of our programs to support your overall well-being.
- Competitive Pay. You’ll receive a competitive base salary with eligibility for generous incentives, bonuses, commission or RSUs (role-specific).
- Learning and Career Growth. Your personal and professional development is a priority at Grubhub. We empower you to be a leader and grow your career through training, coaching and mentorship opportunities.
- MealPerks. Get meals on us! Our employees get a weekly Grubhub credit to enjoy and support local restaurants.
- Fun. Every Grubhub office has an employee-led Culture Crew that connects people through fun, meaningful events and initiatives like Wellness Wednesdays, Slack competitions and virtual happy hours!
- Social Impact. At Grubhub we believe in giving back through programs like the Grubhub Community Relief Fund and donating $1 million to the Equal Justice Initiative in 2020. Employees are also given paid time off each year to support the causes that are important to them.
- COVID-19 Response. All of our employees are currently working from home and will be for the foreseeable future. We look forward to seeing everyone in-office when it’s safe to return.
Grubhub is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome diversity and encourage a workplace that is just as diverse as the customers we serve. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. If you’re applying for a job in the U.S. and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an email to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.