Manager of Business Analytics
You can play a crucial role in this Fortune 1000's company ability to drive revenue and profit.
Groupon’s mission is to become the daily habit in local commerce and fulfill our purpose of building strong communities through thriving small businesses by connecting people to a vibrant, global marketplace for local services, experiences and goods. In the process, we’re positively impacting the lives of millions of customers and merchants globally. Even with thousands of employees spread across multiple continents, we still maintain a culture that inspires innovation, rewards risk-taking and celebrates success. If you want to take more ownership of your career, then you're ready to be part of Groupon.
The Supply Analytics team uses analytics and business strategy to evaluate and optimize Groupon’s supply offering.
Groupon is looking for a motivated, data driven individual to own the high performing analytics team focused on supply across all core Local and Travel verticals. The Manager of Business Analytics will be responsible for developing and implementing strategies and critical metrics around supply acquisition, optimization, and retention. This position will bring thought leadership and a strategic mindset toward discovering opportunities and identifying recommendations to improve performance in an evolving business.
We're a "best of both worlds" kind of company. We're big enough to have resources and scale, but small enough that a single person has a surprising amount of autonomy and can make a meaningful impact. We're curious, fun, a little intense, and kind of obsessed with helping local businesses thrive. Does that sound like a compelling place to work?
You’ll spend time on the following:
- Lead a team of analysts focused on supply optimization and measuring the health of our marketplace
- Provide thought leadership on long-term strategic direction of Local supply
- Proactively uncover meaningful supply optimization insights not specifically directed by others
- Drive cross-functional partners in product, data science, sales operations, and sales to prioritize and execute projects and initiatives that align with data-driven recommendations
- Provide insights that aid near term and long term decision-making for the businesses
- Deliver data-driven recommendations to senior leadership team
- Own and improve data infrastructure and reporting related to supply availability, optimization, and performance
We’re excited about you if you have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Analytics, Statistics, or similar; MBA or relevant advanced degree preferred
- 3+ years of professional experience in business analytics, preferably in e-commerce / product analytics
- Proven ability to drive cross-functional initiatives – preferably working with Sales Operations, Data Science, or Product teams
- Strong analytical and strategic thinking skills required
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal, with the ability and confidence to succinctly convey complex information to senior management
- Advanced SQL skills required
- Experience with data visualization and presentation (Tableau, Microstrategy, Cognos, or similar)
- Self-starter, fast learner, adaptive to fast-paced working environment
- Results-oriented, high-energy, dynamic individual with hands-on mentality
- Ability to demonstrate creativity to solve problems and use quantitative/qualitative skills to deliver concise, logical recommendations and drive cross-functional business decisions
Groupon provides a global marketplace where people can buy just about anything, anywhere, anytime. We’re enabling real-time commerce across an expanding range of categories including local businesses, travel destinations, consumer products, and live or lively events. At the same time, we are providing advertising options and tools that merchants can use to grow and manage their businesses. Culturally, we believe that great people make great companies and that starting with the customer and working backward moves us forward. Community matters to us on an internal, local and global scale—it’s fundamental to our company’s growth and to the well-being of the world at large. We also value self-awareness, candor, lunch and WiFi. If we match with you, please apply to join us.