Manager, Data Quality
VillageMD is changing the trajectory of healthcare by empowering primary care physicians to make informed decisions and engage patients in meaningful ways. We work with thousands of clinicians and healthcare disruptors across the country to build and contribute to our platform to improve patient health while driving down the cost to deliver it.
We are a mission-oriented organization and are thrilled about the work that we do every day. We’re transparent, collaborative, and relentless in pursuit of our mission, all while doing so with humility and a low ego. We believe that diverse backgrounds and experiences create the best opportunity for innovation and the community that we are creating is greater than any individual.
Our platform harnesses the best of cloud and open-source technologies to create an open, data-first platform that is enriched with analytical models and modernly connected to internal and external apps. These apps drive clinical and operational decision support, patient engagement, and other facilitators of innovative, information-enriched health experiences.
As Manager, Data Quality, you will be responsible for ensuring accurate, trustworthy data is available to drive the analytics that are changing the way clinicians engage with patients. This role requires a strong understanding of healthcare data, competency to architect and implement ways to measure the quality of data and processes for dealing with poor data, and the ability to problem-solve at both very detailed and high levels. The ideal candidate for this role is someone who adds knowledge leadership and technical competency to the team while having a passion for improving data accuracy across our enterprise data asset.
What will make you successful here?
- A real passion for problem solving and solution development
- Strong analytical and technical skills
- The ability to handle multiple, concurrent projects
- Vision to balance speed and maintainability in solution design
- Excellent ability to craft and implement requirements, keep projects on track, and engage partners
- Challenging the status quo to improve our processes and tools
- The ability to communicate complex technical details in meaningful business context
- A low ego and humility; an ability to gain trust by doing what you say you will do
What you might do in your first year:
- Create and maintain a library of data quality validations and standards as they apply to health care data, including payer sourced claims and enrollment data, electronic medical record (EMR) data, and analytically enriched data
- Code data validation scripts in SQL and provide substantial architectural influence over the creation of an automated data quality monitoring process
- Design and implement data quality reporting to internal stakeholders
- Develop ongoing testing of person-matching algorithms used in our proprietary enterprise master person index (EMPI) and manage the forced split/merge process
- Assist in the development of test cases and the associated test scripts for new analytic enrichment processes and the data warehouse as a whole
- Collaborate with other data platform teams to determine root cause when data quality issues are found
The following experience is relevant to us:
- 5+ years performing data quality functions in an employment setting
- Extensive experience querying and analyzing payer and/or provider sourced health care data in a data warehousing setting
- Ability to effectively communicate data quality issues and potential resulting business impacts to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Passion and curiosity for work supporting the application of quantitative analytical solutions that solve real world problems
- Demonstrated familiarity with and knowledge of data modeling concepts; ability to recognize and explain best practices in data storage and retrieval that promote reusability, accuracy and performance
- Bachelor’s degree required with concentration in a quantitative discipline such as statistics, mathematics, computer science, engineering or economics
- Track record of successfully executing projects with multiple partners
At VillageMD, we see diversity and inclusion as a source of strength in transforming healthcare. We believe building trust and innovation are best achieved through diverse perspectives. To us, acceptance and respect are rooted in an understanding that people do not experience things in the same way, including our healthcare system. Individuals seeking employment at VillageMD are considered without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.