Manager, Data Science at OppLoans
Growth with a Purpose
What you get to do:
- At OppLoans, our ecosystem of data processes is growing and becoming more complex (in a good way). You will report to our Director, Operations, and lead our analytics team in analyzing our business to improve processes and maximize conversion rate. You will never stop asking, “How can we do this better?”
- As a data scientist, you love exploration, modeling, optimization, and telling compelling stories through analyses. You are comfortable with technology systems, and your first instinct is to dive in.
- Build algorithms into our existing systems, such as automated decision-making, customer routing, and call strategies. Grow our suite of automation capabilities and decision-making projects/algorithms/services.
- Develop predictive machine learning and statistical models to understand customer and agent behavior. Enthusiastically improve our business by analyzing every type of data you can get your hands-on, and finding ways to get new data. Extract meaningful conclusions from the data and communicate those findings to different audiences.
- Lead the daily trending analyses of our key indicators. Improve our automated monitoring systems. Improve data visualizations and democratize knowledge about how our business is operating.
- Source and implement fresh technology solutions that expand our Analytics toolkit.
- This diverse, visible role, is the central hub of important partners across departments such as Sales, Marketing, Credit, and Technology.
- 4+ years of experience in data science and analytics.
- Experience extracting information from data and implementing strategic recommendations.
- Experience with SQL/R/Python, data cleaning, data visualization, and building/applying both supervised and unsupervised machine learning data models.
- Technical skills that are a plus include NLP, Markov chains / Petri nets, AWS, Java, and Clojure.
- Undergraduate degree in STEM or analytics field Post-graduate degree preferred.
- Experience in a high-growth startup and/or the financial services industry is a plus.
- Experience leading a team of data scientists and analysts.
- All-around “athlete” who is intellectually curious, highly analytical, and purposefully strategic.
- No relocation assistance provided; local Chicago applicants preferred.
Employees Love Working Here