Manager, Database Administration at CCC Information Services
CCC Information Services Inc. is the technology platform for the underwritten assets economy. CCC technology, insights, and support connect industries – insurers, automotive manufacturers, collision repairers, parts suppliers, lenders, fleet operators and more – to advance decision-making, productivity, and customer experiences for thousands of clients worldwide. Clients leverage CCC’s network management, data management, AI, operational workflows and customer experience solutions to efficiently scale, interact, transact and achieve their unique business objectives. CCC was ranked a best mid-sized company to work for by Forbes (2019). BuiltIn Chicago, Austin and LA named CCC a top place to work in 2020. Diverse perspectives and experiences are core to CCC’s success and award-winning culture of more than 2,000 employees worldwide. We hold inclusion as a core value and are committed to celebrating and cultivating the diversity of our team. With a 40+ year track record of innovation, CCC’s tenacious spirit and growth mindset turn next generation technology into real world solutions and empower team members to expand their knowledge and potential. Headquartered in Chicago, CCC has 11 locations worldwide. CCC’s principal PE investors are Advent International, Technology Crossover Ventures, and Oak Hill Capital Find out more about CCC Information Services by visiting cccis.com.
Job Description Summary
CCC is looking for a Database Manager that will lead a team of diversely skilled database engineers who architect, build, and maintain various database technologies for the company. This role is key to mission critical business applications that require 24x7 on-call team rotation, incident management, change management and identifying key process methods for efficient delivery of service.
- Manage/lead a team of 6+ direct reports as well as offshore resources
- Work closely with vendors to maintain and manage solid working relationships
- Act as senior technical resource, prioritize tasks, resolve complex problems, and participate in strategy discussions
- Resource management and training of the team
- Create and maintain appropriate documentation for databases, production support and end-users.
- Collaborate with Operations and Product Development teams as well as Data Architects to assure adherence to operational objectives.
- Approximately 40% team leadership, 20% hands on, 20% operations support and 20% vendor management
- Collaboratively define and drive product strategy, vision and evangelize to internal stakeholders
- Work with a range of cross functional teams within the company to build out and communicate product capabilities: Engineering, Sales, Account Management, etc.
- Make recommendations on how to reduce hosting complexity/improve operational agility and efficiency
- Bachelor’s degree or combination of work experience and technical certifications
- 8+ years of information systems experience in a large enterprise systems environment supporting mission-critical systems and applications
- 2+ years in a technical team lead role of 5 resources or more - Management skill set and long term operational experience
- Strong outsourcing and vendor relationship experience
- Excellent problem-solving skills across multiple disciplines
- Demonstrated ability to learn and apply new technologies quickly
- Experience with complex system integration projects
- Experience in managing SQL Server database upgrades and patch management
- Previous experience with managing SOC controls
- Solid experience with system monitoring and management software
- Previous experience with disaster recovery and recovering complex environments
- Excellent problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Required Technical Qualifications
- 4 + years of demonstrated experience in Microsoft SQL
- 1-2 years of experience in managing and implementation of scheduling tools such as JAMS or any equivalent tools
- 2+ years with Hadoop a plus
- 1-2 years’ experience using cloud-based database technologies such as AWS RDS, AWS Aurora, Azure PaaS, GCP Cloud SQL, etc.
- Experience supporting Oracle Databases on Exadata a plus
- Experience in managing Mongo DB or any NoSQL database technology.
- Experience with managing Agile delivery using JIRA
- Oracle Performance Tuning skills a plus
- Has maintained and monitored hundreds of SQL Server installations