Manager, Regional Strategy at DoorDash
As a member of our local team, you will be on the execution end of our competitive advantage: winning, maintaining and growing the best merchants in each city. You will report to the Regional General Manager and cover one quarter of our US market. The level of engagement and support that DoorDash provides merchants, pre and post sale, is unrivaled by our competition and the Regional Strategy Manager enables our Merchant Leads and Strategic Partner Managers with analytics and insights necessary to enable growth for the most valuable brands on our platform. The Regional Strategy Manger is also the DRI on cross-functional initiatives with other internal teams where regional presence, insights and in-market involvement is key to success. Strategy Managers also are DRI’s for local experimentation and incubating new business ideas on the ground.
What you’ll do:
- Strategize – Define how we will win with our merchants and within our regional submarkets navigating unique competitive dynamics in each local environment.
- Analyze – Understand and create visibility of the performance of our business and performance towards regional goals. Distill next level insights to unlock partnerships, drive deal success/velocity and increase product adoption with our merchants.
- Influence – Identify, scope and champion product and process improvements cutting across all aspects of our marketplace business. Drive coordination between cross-functional teams to create integrated, cohesive strategies and plans (marketing, market ops, finance, sales)
- Experiment - Work closely with cross-functional partners internally and our merchants externally to lead critical pilots in your region prior to scaling across the company
- Go-to-market – Partner with Sales leadership to win our highest value deals. Support go-to-market strategy for new product launches and expansion with existing partners.
- Entrepreneurial – You crave responsibility and want to shape the vision and direction of the company. You are able to discern and prioritize business needs with an ownership mentality.
- Problem solver – You can independently translate high-level goals into actionable plans. You are comfortable with ambiguity, experimenting and failing fast.
- Self-starter – You have a bias towards action and are able to thrive in a fast-paced work environment with constantly changing goals and while adapting to our evolving competitive landscape.
- Relationship-builder – You can influence and motivate people at all levels across a variety of job functions. You share learnings and best practices broadly and often.
- Naturally curious – You always look for ways to innovate and take the initiative to implement optimizations. You are driven to understand issues at the lowest level of detail.
- Natural leader – You pride yourself on your ability to lead and motivate others. You are ready to be a culture carrier. You are comfortable holding DRI roles on cross functional teams.
- 4+ years of experience in consulting / strategy / business development / operations / technology / banking / analytics or related experience; high-growth or early-stage startup experience is a plus
- Required SQL and Excel skill. Preferred Salesforce and Chartio experience.
- Proven track record of leading initiatives, working cross-functionally to achieve goals, and succeeding in a flat/distributed team environment
- Expert communicator and strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent analytical thinker who can create data driven recommendations
- Effective at sharing compelling stories with clients through presentation, data visualization and written communication
- We are leaders - Leadership is not limited to our management team. It’s something everyone at DoorDash embraces and embodies.
- We are doers - We believe the only way to predict the future is to build it. Creating solutions that will lead our company and our industry is what we do -- on every project, every day.
- We are learners - We’re not afraid to dig in and uncover the truth, even if it’s scary or inconvenient. Everyone here is continually learning on the job, no matter if we’ve been in a role for one year or one minute.
- We are customer-obsessed - Our mission is to grow and empower local economies. We are committed to our customers, merchants, and dashers and believe in connecting people with possibility.
- We are all DoorDash - The magic of DoorDash is our people, together making our inspiring goals attainable and driving us to greater heights.
- We offer great compensation packages and comprehensive health benefits.
DoorDash is a technology company that connects customers with their favorite local and national businesses in over 4,000 cities and all 50 states across the United States and Canada. Founded in 2013, DoorDash empowers merchants to grow their businesses by offering on-demand delivery, data-driven insights, and better in-store efficiency, providing delightful experiences from door to door. By building the last-mile delivery infrastructure for local cities, DoorDash is bringing communities closer, one doorstep at a time. Read more on the DoorDash blog or at www.doordash.com.Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of the best and brightest from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.