Manager of Technical Program Management - Data Analytics at Nordstrom
Nordstrom Data and Analytical Services Team is seeking a Manager, Technical Program Management to complement our exciting event-driven Data Platform team supporting our critical vertical businesses, Customer, Supply Chain, Merchandise and Store product teams. As a Technical Program Manager at Nordstrom, you will lead complex and cross team programs to drive the vision and technology along with our software engineers and business stakeholders. This vision will enable real-time data consumption by technology and analytical teams across Nordstrom, including our machine learning platform to develop and implement exciting and captivating Customer-focused features and services
A day in the life…
- End to end ownership of cross-functional projects, including product definition, roadmap planning, resource planning and project execution.
- Driving the roadmap and technical vision for the teams, collaborate with product groups and partner teams to deliver value to our customers
- Along with business initiatives, you will also lead the definition and execution of strategic projects aimed at reducing the total cost and time to market for launch.
- Owns direct communication with executive team.
- At the heart of this role is delivery. You will be hands-on in driving the delivery of critical business initiatives, managing all aspects of the project such as project planning, budget tracking, requirements definition, risk management, communication, and implementation planning.
- You will be a technical problem solver on the team, identifying innovative solutions to project deadlocks and resolving issues and constraints through consensus and sound judgment.
- You will be responsible for making project decisions, achieving tactical goals while retaining a strategic focus.
- You will lead and manage a team of TPMs. Growing and developing an incredible team of talented and motivated tech program managers with high expectations around individual ownership and impact
- Hire capable and motivated talent/teams that can deliver swiftly and predictably, adjusting in an agile fashion to deliver solutions aligned with business needs
You own this if you have…
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent combination of technical education and work experience.
- 7+ years of experience delivering complex software solutions as a Technical Program Manager.
- 3+ years of experience in hiring, managing and developing people.
- Technology background, especially in a cloud-based architecture with a deep understanding of software development, passion for data and analytics
- Proven track record of leading large cross-functional software projects.
- Exceptional customer relationship skills including the ability to discover the true requirements underlying feature requests, recommend alternative technical and business approaches, and lead engineering efforts to meet aggressive timelines with optimal solutions.
Who you are.
- A trendsetter. You thrive in an intellectually challenging environment with leading edge technologies.
- A teacher. You’re able to mentor your peers and help our team grow.
- A learner. You have an insatiable thirst for knowledge and greater understanding.
- A pragmatist. Your goal is to create useful products, not build technology for technology’s sake.
- An empath. You understand what the customer needs and use that perspective to create the best user experience.
How we work
· With others. We have remote collaboration tools where our teams work together collectively to build out technical solutions.
· With transparency. We encourage open dialog and discourse. We don’t encourage silos.
· With agility. We don’t believe in following a process for process’s sake. We ship frequently and focus on delivering incremental value.
· With open minds. We are committed to building a diverse team of people with unique perspectives. This encourages a healthy and inclusive environment that builds a more sustainable, successful company.
· With pride. We value our people most of all. We invest in ourselves by applying our own strengths and interests to company.
We’ve got you covered…
Our employees are our most important asset and that’s reflected in our benefits. Nordstrom is proud to offer a variety of benefits to support employees and their families, including:
- Medical/Vision, Dental, Retirement and Paid Time Away
- Life Insurance and Disability
- Merchandise Discount and EAP Resources
A few more important points...
The job posting highlights the most critical responsibilities and requirements of the job. It’s not all-inclusive. There may be additional duties, responsibilities and qualifications for this job.
Nordstrom will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with all legal requirements.