Merchandising Strategy and Planning Manager
The Merchandising Strategy and Planning Manager will be responsible for the development, implementation and optimization of recurring/triggered/lifecycle campaigns. They will leverage a combination of their expertise on the customer and data to develop these campaigns. This role will partner closely with Revenue Management, Marketing and Creative teams to bring these campaigns to life. Bias for action, strong communication and problem solving skills, confidence and ability to self-start are necessities for this role.
Essential Areas of Responsibility:
- Develop and implement ongoing Merchandising programs that drive sustainable value
- Leverage consumer insights and data to effectively target and engage customers
- Expert of the customer; drive education of customer within the organization
- Build, test and execute content programs (SEO, email content, blog)
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to bring the Merchandising strategy to life and ensure it is flawlessly executed
- Drive clear, transparent communication to all stakeholders regarding requirements and timelines
Attributes for Success:
- Strong organizational, planning, quantitative and problem solving skills; strategic and creative thinking with keen business judgment, focus, and ability to see the "big picture"
- The ability to lead and execute through cross-functional teams
- Thrive in dynamic, fast-paced environments
- Focus on data-driven decision making
- Creative thinking to come up with innovative and effective ways to ensure all goals are met
- Exceptionally strong communication skills
- Business Acumen: Knows how businesses work; knowledgeable in current and possible future policies, practices, trends, and information affecting his/her business and organization; knows the competition; is aware of how strategies and tactics work in the marketplace.
- Innovation Management: Is good at bringing the creative ideas of others to market; has good judgment about which creative ideas and suggestions will work; has a sense about managing the creative process of others; can facilitate effective brainstorming; can project how potential ideas may play out in the marketplace.
- Planning: Accurately scopes out length and difficulty of tasks and projects; sets objectives and goals; breaks down work into the process steps; develops schedules and task/people assignments; anticipates and adjusts for problems and roadblocks; measures performance against goals; evaluates results.
- 5 - 10 years of relevant experience in Retail, Marketing or Merchandising
- E-commerce experience is preferred
- Demonstrated track record of driving results through cross-functional teams
Groupon provides a global marketplace where people can buy just about anything, anywhere, anytime. We’re enabling real-time commerce across an expanding range of categories including local businesses, travel destinations, consumer products, and live or lively events. At the same time, we are providing advertising options and tools that merchants can use to grow and manage their businesses. Culturally, we believe that great people make great companies and that starting with the customer and working backward moves us forward. Community matters to us on an internal, local and global scale—it’s fundamental to our company’s growth and to the well-being of the world at large. We also value self-awareness, candor, lunch and WiFi. If we match with you, please apply to join us.