Merchandising Supply Analyst - Groupon Goods
The Merchandising Supply Analyst is a key member of Groupon Goods merchandising, marketing, and pipeline operations teams. The person who fills this role will be a crucial part of both high-level strategic decisions and ground-level operational tactics.
Given the continued growth in the Goods business, the role requires the ability to pivot quickly between a constantly changing canvas of details, data inconsistencies and reporting intricacies, as well as an ability to engage in robust “big picture” conversations with the Goods leadership team. This role will require ruthless prioritization and collaboration across various teams to drive sales and improve profitability.
Senior Goods management will rely on this role to be the subject matter expert on all things Goods merchandising and assortment planning. This person will have to be comfortable with the details, while able to summarize the salient points across a wide range of topics.
- Use data to identify and prioritize strategic initiatives to optimize sales performance
- Develop and continually optimize a robust assortment strategy for all categories across Groupon Goods by incorporating customer purchase patterns, market changes, seasonality, and business objectives
- Use external competitive intelligence information as well as statistical analysis on internal data to evaluate and improve supply health, while identifying & addressing key gaps in assortment
- Institute rigorous test-and-learn methodology to achieve desired results
- Analyze key performance metrics across all channels of distribution for Groupon (web & mobile), category and SKU level portfolio optimization, as well as process efficiency analysis
- Partner with key teams to define near, mid and long-term implications of key analyses, including Merchandising, Pipeline Operations, Finance, Risk and others
- Bachelor’s degree in statistics, mathematics, economics or equivalent required; graduate/advanced degree preferred (MS/MBA)
- 2+ years of relevant business experience, preferably in an analytically rigorous role
- Ability to manipulate data and derive insights from complex datasets
- Expert knowledge of SQL or other database language, Tableau/Microstrategy reporting tools a plus
- Experience with scripting languages and/or statistical software (R/Python/SAS) is a plus
- Demonstrated ability to lead data driven operational process change
- Strategic program development and big picture thinking in consumer e-commerce merchandising
- Familiarity with key business metrics – solid analytical expertise, knowledge of campaign testing strategies utilized in direct online channels (email, mobile notifications, social)
- Highly flexible, ability to handle changing directions/priorities and roles as business needs evolve
- Proven problem solving skills; systematic, analytical thinker
Groupon provides a global marketplace where people can buy just about anything, anywhere, anytime. We’re enabling real-time commerce across an expanding range of categories including local businesses, travel destinations, consumer products, and live or lively events. At the same time, we are providing advertising options and tools that merchants can use to grow and manage their businesses. Culturally, we believe that great people make great companies and that starting with the customer and working backward moves us forward. Community matters to us on an internal, local and global scale—it’s fundamental to our company’s growth and to the well-being of the world at large. We also value self-awareness, candor, lunch and WiFi. If we match with you, please apply to join us.