Microsoft SQL DBA
About The Opportunity
Grubhub is the nation's leading online and mobile food-ordering company, dedicated to connecting hungry diners with their favorite local restaurants. The people who work at Grubhub are our company's greatest asset; each person at Grubhub plays an integral part in building tools and technology that help restaurants succeed, and in cooking up fresh new ways to delight our diners.
The company’s online and mobile ordering platforms allow diners to order directly from more than 55,000 takeout restaurants in over 1,100 U.S. cities and London. The Grubhub portfolio of brands includes Grubhub, Seamless, AllMenus, and MenuPages.
We want you to enjoy where you work, whom you work with and what you work on. At Grubhub, you can order your cake and eat it too!
You will be responsible for the implementation, configuration, maintenance, and performance of critical SQL Server RDBMS systems, to ensure the availability and consistent performance of our corporate applications. This is a “hands-on” position requiring solid technical skills, as well as excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
You will be responsible for the development and sustainment of the SQL Server OLTP and Data Warehouse, ensuring its operational readiness (security, health, and performance), executing data loads, and performing data modeling in support of multiple development teams.Must be capable of working independently and collaboratively.
Some Challenges You’ll Tackle
- Conduct short- and long-term MSSQL Projects and planning to meet current and expanding business requirements
- Recommend sound actions and control improvements
- Performance Tuning, Query Optimization, using Performance Monitor, SQL Profiler and other related monitoring and troubleshooting tools
- Provide 24x7 support for critical production systems- rotation deployment at night
- Manage SQL Server databases through multiple product lifecycle environments, from development to mission-critical production systems.
- Configure and maintain database servers and processes, including monitoring of system health and performance, to ensure high levels of performance, availability, and security.
- Apply data modeling techniques to ensure development and implementation support efforts meet integration and performance expectations
- Independently analyze, solve, and correct issues in real time, providing problem resolution end-to-end.
- Refine and automate regular processes, track issues, and document changes
- Assist developers with complex query tuning and schema refinement
You Should Have
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field
- 4+ years of MS SQL based database administration in enterprise environments
- SQL, T-SQL, SSRS, SSIS experience, always on
- Experience with Performance Tuning and Optimization
- Experience with backups, restores and recovery models
- High Availability (must) and Disaster Recovery experience
- AWS RDS experience would be seen as a plus
And Of Course, Perks!
- Unlimited paid vacation days. Choose how your time is spent
- Never go hungry! We provide weekly Grubhub/Seamless credit
- Regular in-office social events, including happy hours, wine tastings, karaoke, bingo with prizes and more
- Company-Wide Initiatives encouraging innovation, continuous learning and cross-department connections
We deliver favorites every day. Join us as we move eating forward.
Grubhub is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: DOL Poster. Grubhub is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an email to: [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and your contact [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.