Natural Products Researcher
SPINS, a Chicago-based SaaS company, is seeking to hire a Natural Products Researcher for its Content Services team.
By leveraging SPINS’ industry-leading proprietary data and analytics, our technology enables deeper, more engaged relationships between Retailers, Brands and Consumers through our platform, web, and mobile products.
WHO ARE WE?
- We eat collaboration and curiosity for breakfast
- We communicate quickly and succinctly
- We believe in roles instead of jobs
- We take initiative independently and hurdle challenges together
- We discuss, debate, decide and do with the same rapidity as we iterate our platform
- We are a talent ecosystem whose health is predicated on each individual’s ability to support every other individual’s success.
WHO ARE YOU?
- Someone energetic, empathic and earnest
- Someone who wakes each morning thinking of which opportunity they will grab today
- Someone that refuses to give up when the path isn’t paved
- Someone that consistently delivers quality work on schedule
- Someone who would rather build the right tool to do the job than wait until they’re handed one
- A creative thinker as adept at looking at the Big Picture as they are at the details
- An obsessive perfectionist that knows when to put down the paintbrush and ship
- The kind of person that can expertly use an Onion headline as an analogy in a serious strategy meeting.
WHAT DO WE NEED?
The Natural Products Researcher is a major contributor to the quality, accuracy and evolution of SPINS Content Services. This inspired critical thinker builds on prior natural or conventional grocery industry experience and is responsible for thoroughly researching products, ingredients, trends and issues related to the Natural, Organic, Specialty and Conventional Products Industry. This position is responsible for library growth through data entry and accuracy.
This is a non-exempt, hourly full-time role that is benefits eligible.
WE'LL BE COUNTING ON YOU FOR...
The role requires experience in the Natural Products Industry and knowledge of the departments, brands, products and attributes that fuel the industry. A passion for health and wellness and a desire to work in an entrepreneurial environment will be important for success. Attention to detail and the ability to work in a fast-paced growing environment are important.
You will enter data in our web-based application according to SPINS protocol and meet accuracy targets provided by your team lead. You'll research and audit product information on natural products utilizing images, manufacturer data, SPINS partners and other sources. In addition, you'll update the Content Services database with product information and generate status reports on assigned tasks and projects.
YOU PROBABLY HAVE...
- High School Diploma, College Degree preferred
- 2 years’ experience in a natural/organic/specialty gourmet grocery retail environment
- Strong oral, written, interpersonal, organizational and project management skills
- Demonstrate proficiency in utilization of the software data entry tools set
- Exposure to natural/organic/specialty gourmet grocery product sales data desired
- Adept at learning new technologies and business functions
- Maintained focus on customer satisfaction