Network Traffic Analyst at NowSecure
Network Traffic Analyst
Come join NowSecure on our mission to save the world from unsafe mobile apps!
As a cyber security innovator, we are the leader in Mobile Application Security Testing. We literally wrote the book on mobile app forensics and testing. NowSecure offers a platform that protects users, devices, apps and enterprises. We are proud to have 100+ customers that include some of the largest banks and corporations across industries such as finance, defense and healthcare.
We were founded with a mobile-only focus and a strong DNA in forensics and enterprise security. Currently, we have authored five technical books on mobile security for Android and iOS with multiple patents pending. Our engineers and researchers believe in creating conversations and supporting the community, so we build and share open source tools.NowSecure is seeking a Network Traffic Analyst to join our growing and exciting team. The Network Traffic Analyst will work in tandem with the Application Security Analyst team to investigate network traffic emanating from mobile handsets and applications. The Network Traffic Analyst will work to automate the analysis of captured traffic to include identification of data transfer trends, anomalous activities, privacy impacting events or data as well as supplemental information discovered through mobile device research.
- Capture and inspect network traffic logs from mobile device and mobile application testing sessions.
- Demonstrate a resourceful and creative approach to solving technical and procedural problems.
- Develop automation to aid in the inspection of network traffic logs from application testing sessions to identify anomalous or suspicious activity initiated by mobile applications.
- Regularly report updates and findings. Provide insight into anomalies or trends observed.
- Identify opportunities for research projects involving mobile application communications.
- 5+ years of experience conducting network security assessments, traffic analysis, or working in a network/security operations center.
- Significant experience conducting network traffic captures / packet captures (PCAP) including familiarity with proxies such as OWASP ZAP, mitmproxy, Charles, Fiddler, Burp Suite, etc
- Workable knowledge of command line interfaces or scripting tools.
- Solid understanding of TCP/UDP ports and protocols and web requests including POST, GET, HTTP headers, user agents, request parameters, cookies, etc
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently, interface with multiple teams, and willingness to overcome challenging problems while identifying opportunities for improvement.
- Ability to multi-task and context switch to work on multiple project requests in parallel.
- Attention to detail is a must.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, cyber security or related fields; or Bachelor’s degree in unrelated field plus 2 years work experience in a security operations center (SOC).
- Previous professional services or consulting experience.
- Previous research or analytics experience.
- Familiar with both iOS and Android operating systems.
- Ability to script or develop as needed to scale automatable tasks.
- Experience rooting or jailbreaking mobile devices.
- Experience in a telecom network operations environment.
- Experience conducting vulnerability assessments or penetration testing.
- Experience with LTE and GSM protocols.
- Experience developing in Node.js, python, ruby, etc.
What we offer:
- Competitive Salary and incentive pay
- Comprehensive Medical/Dental/Vision coverage
- Flexible spending accounts for Medical, Childcare and Transportation
- Company paid STD, LTD and Life
- 401K Plan with Company Match
- Unlimited PTO
Do you want to love where you work?
Amazing Tech: NowSecure delivers the most advanced mobile app security testing technology on the planet designed by the world’s most advanced security researchers and top engineering talent.
Top Customers: The world’s most skilled and demanding security teams depend on NowSecure.
Great Team: Smart, driven people powered by craftsmanship, leadership and teamwork at the core.
Get Things Done: At NowSecure, we move fast and with purpose to ensure our customers are always protected on mobile.
FLSA Class: Exempt
Supervisor: Director, Application Services
Supervision Exercised: None
Travel Requirements: 10-20% for normal business needs
Work Environment - Normal office environment and/or home office workspace. Generally similar environment when visiting Company’s customer offices.
Strength Guidelines - Employee will be expected to lift, move and carry 10-15 lbs in the normal scope of work.
Motion Parameters - Employee will be expected to sit for long periods of time with the option to stand or walk (stretch). Employee may need to bend or squat when picking up items from the floor. Employee must have ability to type on a computer keyboard.
Vision and Hearing Requirements - Employee must be able to see a computer screen, read internal and external reports and summaries. There is a normal amount of background noise in the office environment. Employee must be able to see and hear video conferencing tools.
Emotional Demands - Employee must be able to understand, react and respond to quick decisions, must be able to read and write with a high level of grammar skill including the ability to read, understand and interpret technical information and data. On occasion, employee may have to speak publicly in company meetings and/or company led presentations, training and seminars.
Information Security Responsibilities
- Employee must follow all applicable policies in the Information Security Handbook, Master Information Security Policy and sub-policies, standards and procedures which are generally available to employee.
- Employee must maintain security of login credentials and information assets, and follow Data Classification policy regarding labelling and handling of Company data.
- Employee must report any security incidents pursuant to the Incident Response policy
- Employee must support information risk assessments, internal and external information security audit functions
- Employee must complete security training during on-boarding process as well as annually when arranged by the Company; and, maintain any certifications as required