Onboarding Risk Analyst
Braintree builds products that make payments easier—so easy that they fade into the background, making entirely new kinds of interactions possible. Interactions like seamlessly paying for your ride share—or the condo you rented this weekend—without presenting a card or pressing a button, or buying a lamp on Pinterest...right from Pinterest. The Braintree full-stack payment platform lets companies build their own experiences and then scale their businesses around the globe. We're known for our technology but we're also known for our support, with internal risk and underwriting, account management and technical support teams who ensure a frictionless payments experience.
Acquired by PayPal in 2013, Braintree is now in an even greater position to change the way people pay. Headquartered in Chicago, Braintree has offices in San Francisco, New York, Sydney, London with employees stationed around the world.
The best talent deserves the best perks. Join the Braintree Team and you’ll get catered lunches, tuition reimbursement, public transit commute reimbursement, and much more!
Check us out - Braintree on LinkedIn | Glassdoor | Facebook | Twitter
About the Role:
This individual will be part of Braintree’s Onboarding team and will be responsible for reviewing new merchant applications with less than $1MM in annual processing volume applying for payment processing services. The Onboarding Risk Analyst will leverage data from external reports, merchant websites and internal vetting rules to form an analysis and final vetting decisions. The position will require to stay knowledgeable on regulatory vetting policies and procedures, keep up with evolving payment processing regulatory requirements, and to inform management on current trends.
Key Responsibilities of the Role:
- Make sound, timely decisions based on merchant applications, Braintree’s internal vetting rules, acceptable use policy, and regulatory obligations
- Complete different checks KYC/CIP checks, fraud checks, business checks as part of Braintree’s application processing and able to make an accurate decision on risk and compliance for adherence.
- Provide input to improve Merchant Vetting policies and procedures
- Provide regular updates to management regarding trends, fraud schemes, stolen identity trends and changes recognized during the day to day Merchant Vetting activities
- Work efficiently, accurately, and consistently to defined processes
- Build strong working relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Maintain a solid working knowledge of Braintree’s Acceptable Use Policy (AUP), Card Scheme rules, regulatory obligations, and internal processes
- Quick learner and passion for merchant processing and payments industry.
- Excellent attention to detail, with accurate data entry skills and technically savvy
- Experience in banking, merchant services, or acquiring role preferred
- A passion for delivering outstanding customer service
- Ability to work under pressure
- Well-developed written and verbal communication skills
- Advanced Excel and Word skills
- Enjoy the challenges that a growing company brings
- Strong reconciliation skills
We know the confidence gap and imposter syndrome can get in the way of meeting spectacular candidates. Please don't hesitate to apply. You can also check out our FAQ!