OPERATIONS ENGINEER, BIG DATA
We may be the most important Internet company you’ve never heard of. Join our team for your chance to work in the digital marketing space and solve meaningful problems on a massive scale—and have fun doing it.
The Hadoop Engineering Team at Conversant Media is responsible for providing and maintaining Hadoop environments across the company. The team provides support for application tuning and profiling of client applications to ensure efficient use of cluster resources.
As part of this team you will work to support multiple production clusters at petabyte scale each. You will be looked to for suggesting cluster upgrades and ensuring functionality for client use. Interaction with a dedicated NOC team will free you up to work with Hadoop allowing deep dives into the technology to provide solutions which surface at huge scale.
- Perform cluster and system performance tuning
- Work with cluster subscribers to ensure efficient resource usage in the cluster and alleviate multi-tenancy concerns.
- Coordinate and monitor cluster upgrade needs.
- Monitor cluster health and build pro-active tools to look for anomalous behavior.
- BS in Computer Science or related technical discipline or equivalent practical experience.
- 3+ years Linux experience.
- 3+ years of distributed systems experience.
- Experience with Python, Java and Bash
- Experience with version control systems such as Git
- Experience with large scale Hadoop Deployments (more than 40 nodes, more than 3 clusters).
- 5+ years of academic or industry experience (preferably at a technology company.)