Job Description Summary
The primary objective of the Oracle Developer is to design and develop Oracle jobs and procedures according to project requirements. This individual leverages their knowledge of analysis, design, coding, testing, and maintenance of software applications to develop, enhance, and modify CCC applications. The Oracle Developer works with the technical lead, other developers, and QA analysts to assist with the conceptualization of software solutions from the unit level through the integrated application level. This individual demonstrates an understanding of the latest development environments including development tools and applications.
- Work with other developers and QA analysts on design, development, and maintenance projects using SQL and PL/SQL
- Be familiar with these Oracle technologies: external tables, partitions, scheduled jobs, exception handling
- Use accepted performance tuning approaches for efficient processing of large data sets
- Understand existing multi-schema system architecture comprised of jobs, packages, procedures, views, and tables
- Prepare deployment scripts for Oracle code and DDL migration
- Prepare clear support documentation for operations and support personnel
- Analyze and troubleshoot production problems
- Follow established best practices for code documentation and svn version control management
- Participate in daily stand ups, sprint planning, and retrospectives meetings
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, or related field of study
- 5+ years of Oracle experience with SQL, PL/SQL, batch jobs, ETL, architecture, data design & modeling, and performance tuning
- Familiarity with Agile development methodology
- Strong knowledge of PL/SQL & SQL development best practices
- Basic knowledge of Unix scripts
- Experience with Pentaho a plus
- Experience with AWS hosted databases a plus
Why Choose CCC:
We promote a healthy work-life balance and offer generous benefit plans and resources designed with employee satisfaction in mind.
What we value is simple - customers, employee commitment, collaboration and clear communication.
We hire people who will embrace the company’s goals and productively contribute in ways that help us serve the customer, innovate, and stay strong.
We make it a priority to keep employees healthy, happy and enriched.
- Healthy - Wellness programs, competitive medical benefit offerings
- Happy – Recognition programs, a confidential employee assistance program, Perkspot/employee discount program and potentially flexible work arrangements such as staggered start times
- Enriched – Tuition reimbursement, training and learning programs, and leadership development opportunities
Our corporate headquarters is located in downtown Chicago within the historic Merchandise Mart—a certified LEED (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design) building.
Please Note: Contingent Workers, Field Inventory Representatives and Interns are not eligible for the benefits above.
CCC Information Services was recognized by Forbes as one of America’s Best Mid-Sized Employers in 2018 and ranked #17 in the Top 100 Digital Companies in Chicago in 2017 by Built In Chicago.
CCC is ready to help you shift your career into high gear. Let's get started!