Why join us?
- OppLoans is a socially-responsible, profitable FinTech company that has grown 2000% over the last 3 years, and is backed by a global investment firm with $106 billion AUM.
- Recent accolades include being named 1 of the fastest-growing companies in the USA by Inc. Magazine’s list of 500, 3rd fastest-growing startup by Built In Chicago, and 6th best company to work for in the USA by Glassdoor.
- Customers love our product! We have been widely recognized as having the best customer experience in the industry. See what our borrowers are saying on Google and the BBB!
- Employees love working here. We have an entrepreneurial and dynamic startup culture that also cares for our employees. Check out our Glassdoor reviews!
What you get to do:
As a DBA, you will be a part of the Database team, performing the administration of PostgreSQL databases throughout the development and production life-cycles in an AWS environment. Specifically, the DBA will design and develop logical and physical database designs that support our rapidly expanding product portfolio. In addition, you will get to…
- Designs, develops, tests and troubleshoots applicable software packages that implement complex ETL processes in accordance with business requirements and service level agreements.
- Collaborate with application Developers, Business Partners, Management and Data Warehouse team.
- Extends the data model to house additional structures as needed to meet applicable regulatory requirements.
- Designs data warehouse or data mart fact tables, aggregate tables, and dimensions. Delivers quality data integration projects, standards, best practices and data dictionary.
- Develops ETL audits and controls to ensure quality of data meets or exceeds defined standards and thresholds. Develops and documents systems, processes and logic required to expose existing data sets in the warehouse to end users for reporting and analytical purposes.
- Monitors ETL applications for performance and improvement.
What you will bring to the team:
As a DBA, we are seeking those who can effectively collaborate with various teams and work independently. A successful member of our team will learn and understand the overall business objectives. The DBA is contributing and building solutions to how our data is stored, organized, and how our services/products utilize the data that makes up our products/services.
- A sense of understanding of the overall business objectives and service we provide to our customers.
- Ability to collaborate with other members of the team, various departments, as well as work independently.
- Experience with system evaluation, analysis, monitoring, and complex problem solving.
- Experience executing deliverables within an Agile environment.
- Experience with generating reports of all processes and jobs currently running on PostgreSQL with details like users, start and end time, CPU Usage and time, Memory usage, IO Time, locking etc.
- Day-to day administration of PostgreSQL databases in AWS.
- In depth knowledge of the PostgreSQL architecture, Database design, and Relational Database systems.
- Implement automated methods and industry best practices for consistent installation and configuration of PostgreSQL for production and non-production environments.
- Conduct technical reviews and walkthroughs of system design documentation with development and design team members.
- Manage backup and recovery functions for a PostgreSQL data warehouse environment.
- Manage Disaster Recovery environment.
- Identify and resolve incidents and address to user problems/concerns.
- A Bachelor's degree in science, technology, engineering, or a similar field is required.