PRICING ANALYST II
This position works under the direction of the Preferred (Personal Auto & Homeowners) Division and spends a majority of time collecting and analyzing statistical, financial, and competitive information to help make pricing, underwriting, agency management, distribution, and claims decisions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Following is a summary of the essential functions for this job. Other duties may be performed, both major and minor, which are not mentioned below. Specific activities may change from time to time.
- Identify and solve product/pricing problems by performing analysis that involves retrieving and analyzing both internal and external data
- Assist with analysis and implementation of changes to existing insurance products as well as the development of new products
- Perform extensive product reviews that require analysis of trends, factors, issues, competitive analysis, and rate level indications
- Analyze agency management, product distribution, and claims procedures to enhance growth and underwriting profit of the insurance product
- Assist with rate recommendations, and state insurance department filings for assigned products
- Assist in analyzing financial results, product profitability and forecasting
- Assist in forecasting and modeling results of action plans
- Communicate and collaborate with business partners in other functional areas, including marketing, finance, claims, IT, and senior management
Minimum Skills and Competencies:
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s Degree or in-lieu of degree equivalent education, training and work-related experience
- Ability to organize and analyze complex data sets
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Understanding of relational databases and data extraction
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- Must possess effective verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to drive for results, deal with ambiguity, solve problems, make decisions, see trends/patterns within data sets, identify root causes
- Experience with personal lines insurance ratemaking methodologies and pricing techniques
- Product management experience
- Experience with other data tools like SAS, SAS EG or SQL
About National General Holdings:
National General Holdings Corp. is headquartered in New York City. National General traces its roots to 1939, has a financial strength rating of A– (excellent) from A.M. Best, and provides personal and commercial automobile, homeowners, umbrella, recreational vehicle, motorcycle, supplemental health, and other niche insurance products. We are a specialty personal lines insurance holding company. Through our subsidiaries, we provide a variety of insurance products, including personal and commercial automobile, homeowners, umbrella, recreational vehicle, supplemental health, lender-placed and other niche insurance products.
National General is a fast paced, dynamic, and entrepreneurial organization. Our team members live by and exemplify what we call the 4Es. At National General, we are Energized, Engaged, Empowered, and we Execute every day in order to provide an exceptional experience for our customers! We are passionate about our organization and the value that we add every day. A successful candidate with National General will embody the 4Es. Our team is poised to outperform the competition. We are National General Insurance and with us you can be extraordinary! Come join our team!
Companies and Partners
Direct General Auto & Life, Personal Express Insurance, Century-National Insurance, ABC Insurance Agencies, NatGen Preferred, NatGen Premier, Seattle Specialty, National General Lender Services, ARS, RAC Insurance Partners, Mountain Valley Indemnity, New Jersey Skylands, Adirondack Insurance Exchange, VelaPoint, Quotit, HealthCompare, AHCP, NHIC, Healthcare Solutions Team, North Star Marketing, Euro Accident.
In addition to a phenomenal career opportunity, National General Insurance offers an excellent benefits package including:
• Paid Training
• Medical, Dental, Vision benefits
• Wellness Programs
• Life and Short/Long Term Disability Insurance
• 401k w/ Company Match
• Company Paid Holidays & Generous Time-off policy
• Employee Discount Program
• Career Advancement and Development Opportunities
• On-site Healthcare Clinic (Winston-Salem and Cleveland offices)
• On-site Fitness Center (Cleveland and Dallas offices)
• Subsidized parking (Cleveland office)
National General Holdings Corp. is an Equal Opportunity (EO) employer – Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of any characteristic protected by law. Candidates must possess authorization to work in the United States, as it is not our practice to sponsor individuals for work visas.
In the event you need assistance or accommodation in completing your online application, please contact NGIC main office by phone at (336) 435-2000.