Principal Decision Scientist (Decision Engineering)
About The Opportunity
Got a taste for something new?
We’re Grubhub, the nation’s leading online and mobile food ordering company. Since 2004 we’ve been connecting hungry diners to the local restaurants they love. We’re moving eating forward with no signs of slowing down.
With more than 95,000 restaurants and over 16.4 million diners across 1,700 U.S. cities and London, we’re delivering like never before. Incredible tech is our bread and butter, but amazing people are our secret ingredient. Rigorously analytical and customer-obsessed, our employees develop the fresh ideas and brilliant programs that keep our brands going and growing.
Long story short, keeping our people happy, challenged and well-fed is priority one. Interested? Let’s talk. We’re eager to show you what we bring to the table.
Grubhub is looking for an innately curious, business-minded, results-oriented Principal Decision Scientist. In this highly visible role, you will use models to solve difficult business and logistics problems that have impacts across the entire organization.
Some Challenges You’ll Tackle
- Understand the business! Work with stakeholders to shape and address their needs.
- Win the Delivery Wars! Help organize and design the best last-mile logistics system.
- Lead talented people! Step in wherever needed to help guide our growing team.
- Question our assumptions! Find new and better ways to do what we’re doing.
- Relentlessly analyze, hypothesize, and improve the performance of our business.
- Design algorithms for and apply structured approaches to difficult problems.
You Should Have
- 15+ years transforming businesses and systems with models and engineering
- A deep commitment to your team, its culture, and its people
- Candor and the willingness to speak up when something can be improved
- Experience designing complex optimization and simulation models with many pieces
- A knack for telling compelling stories using data to drive business decisions
- Experience driving complex projects involving multiple teams from different disciplines
- MS or PhD in Operations Research, Systems Engineering, or a similar field
Got These? Even Better
- Understanding of software microservice architecture
- A love of integer, linear, or nonlinear optimization
- Intuitive understanding of queuing theory and stochastic processes
- Experience building and using discrete event simulations
And Of Course, Perks!
- Unlimited paid vacation days. Choose how your time is spent.
- Never go hungry! We provide weekly Grubhub/Seamless credit.
- Flexibility! Our group has a growing remote-friendly culture!
- Company-Wide Initiatives encouraging innovation, continuous learning and cross-departmental collaboration.
We deliver favorites every day. Join us as we move eating forward.
Grubhub is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: DOL Poster. Grubhub is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.