Principal Software Engineer, Data Platform at Rally Health
Join Rally Health as a Principal Software Engineer, Data Platform where you will architect and develop infrastructure for our Data Team . As part of the Data Team, you will report to a Data Manager and work with teams across the company. We recognize that people come from diverse backgrounds and skills and welcome all to apply.You Will:
- Design, develop, and deploy infrastructure on which data gets collected, aggregated moved, cleansed and transformed
- Operationalize data insights —from research into fault-tolerant, production-scale deployments
- Apply perseverance and imagination, both in writing new software and also deploying existing tools like Airflow, Hadoop, Spark, Jenkins, Docker, Kubernetes and Mesos
- Partner with data scientists and product team to understand their needs and create a platform that empowers them
- Work with Product and Project Managers to understand the features, do technical assessment, design, code test and deliver
- 8+ years of prior software development experience
- Coding experience shipping complex software to production
- Command of Scala, Python or Java, or interest in learning Scala
- Experience with Kafka, Spark, Hive, HDFS, AirFlow, SQL
- Command of data structures, algorithms, performance and scalability
- Understanding of fault-tolerant systems, network programming, multithreaded programming and security
- Experience with distributed systems and application design in a SOA environment
- Knowledge of high-scale performance and optimization tools and techniques
- Experience with AWS (configuring, deploying, managing) services and distributed applications
- BS in Computer Science, Engineering or a related technical role or equivalent experience
- Remote opportunities available. 98Please note that hiring for this position will only be considered in the following states: AZ, CA, CO, DC, FL, IL, MD, MN, NC, NJ, NV, NY, OR, PA, TN, TX, VA, or WA
- The expected salary range for this position in CO will be: $135,000-$180,000
Rally Health® is about putting health in the hands of the individual by empowering people to take charge of their health and health care with our online and mobile tools. We know that a diverse workforce enriches us with the talent, perspective, and inspiration we need to achieve our mission. Rally knows that we are strongest when our teams reflect the diversity of the world around us and create a sense of belonging.
Since 2017, Rally has been a non-integrated entity of Optum, a part of UnitedHealth Group. In the next stage of our evolution, Rally will migrate into a new organization within Optum known as Optum Digital. With these changes, set to be complete by the end of September 2021, we will bring together teams and resources to better bring our digital products and services to consumers.Our Benefits:
- Great compensation package
- Comprehensive benefits package for full-time employees, including medical, dental, vision coverage, stock purchase plan, and 401(k)
- Wellness programs, including physical and mental health services
- Flexible paid time off for full-time employees & paid leave for new parents
- Employees in this position may also earn performance-based bonuses
If you don't think you meet all of the job criteria and are still interested in the job, please apply! Nobody checks every box, and we're looking for someone excited to join our team.
Rally Health believes in a policy of equal employment and opportunity for all people. It is our policy to train and promote individuals in all job titles, and administer all programs, without regard to race, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, sex, age, marital status, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, family responsibilities, genetic information, disability, matriculation, political affiliation, veteran status, union affiliation, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
Individuals with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply. Applicants who require an accommodation related to the application or review process should notify Talent Acquisition ([email protected]).
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.