Retail Reporting Analyst
SPINS, a Chicago-based SaaS company, is seeking a Retail Reporting Analyst to join its growing team.
By leveraging SPINS’ industry-leading proprietary data and analytics, our technology enables deeper, more engaged relationships between Retailers, Brands and Consumers through our platform, web, and mobile products.
WHO ARE WE?
- We eat collaboration and curiosity for breakfast
- We communicate quickly and succinctly
- We believe in roles instead of jobs
- We take initiative independently and hurdle challenges together
- We discuss, debate, decide and do with the same rapidity as we iterate our platform
- We are a talent ecosystem whose health is predicated on each individual’s ability to support every other individual’s success.
WHO ARE YOU?
- Someone energetic, empathic and earnest
- Someone who wakes each morning thinking of which opportunity they will grab today
- Someone that refuses to give up when the path isn’t paved
- Someone that consistently delivers quality work on schedule
- Someone who would rather build the right tool to do the job than wait until they’re handed one
- A creative thinker as adept at looking at the Big Picture as they are at the details
WHAT DO WE NEED?
Our reporting practice is an important component of our business and represents the ability to acquire, consolidate and transform retailer data into relevant information and actionable insights. The Retail Reporting Analyst will apply strategic and analytical skills to aide in retailer engagement and success. This high impact role will handle multiple projects in a fast-paced environment. By leveraging this information SPINS assists retailers in the development of both strategic and operational business initiatives.
The position reports to the Director of Reporting & Insights Solutions and will be based at the SPINS Corporate Headquarters, located in the River North neighborhood of Chicago.
WE'LL BE COUNTING ON YOU FOR...
You'll be responsible for servicing client specific business needs by utilizing multiple proprietary data sources, as well as collecting, organizing and tracking data inputs. You'll produce and manage the delivery of standard and custom reports using Excel and proprietary analytical tools. In addition, you'll be validating data results, preparing non-standard data sources and interpreting findings and drawing conclusions from data results. You'll manipulate model outputs and prepare reports for account manager review, making templates and customized charts, all while being able to contribute to findings and recommendations to the clients. You'll participate in and lead internal meetings which provide project support and analyze business requirements to elicit needs and translate them into prioritized requirements. Additionally, you'll train retail partners on SPINS proprietary analytical tools and address client questions regarding data measures and products and services.
YOU PROBABLY HAVE...
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or related discipline (Math, Economics, Finance, Statistics);
- 2 years’ of experience in Data Analysis
- Experience working with syndicated data IRI, Nielsen or SPINS
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills; intermediate Word and PowerPoint skills
- Demonstrated ability to learn and apply analytical tools
- Display clear results orientation with an intense focus on achieving short and long-term goals
- Ability to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Must be able to draw conclusions from raw data and summarize results quickly and efficiently
- Exceptional written, verbal and presentation abilities, coupled with strategic influencing skills and the ability to drive collaboration
- Proven track record of decision making and problem solving based on analytics; conceptual thinking skills must be complemented by a strong quantitative orientation
- Adept at cultivating external and internal relationships at all levels