Senior Analyst, Corporate Development at Paylocity
Don’t just land a job. Launch your future.
Our all-in-one software platform gives HR pros a way to easily manage daily tasks in payroll, benefits, talent, and workforce management.
But what makes us different is that our technology is backed by a culture that cares. We care about our team members, clients, and partners – because people matter most. And people have always been at the heart of our business.
Since our founding in 1997, this is the thing that's stayed the same, from our employees to the millions of users nationwide that access our platform. We pride ourselves on partnering with our clients to build the workplace they and their employees crave.
Let's go forward together.
Reporting to a Manager of Corporate Development, the Senior Corporate Development Analyst will assist in the development and execution of strategic efforts around M&A, capital markets, special projects, organic growth opportunities and business development in alignment with the board, CEO/COO/CFO and the executive team. The position will have direct communication with Senior Management as well as regular direct interaction with the CFO.
Location: Schaumburg, IL
Reports To: Manager, Corporate Development
The below represents some of the primary responsibilities of the position. Other duties may be assigned as needed.
- Key member of team tasked with identifying and prioritizing strategic initiatives, shaping strategy and identifying areas of M&A focus
- Assist the Senior Director and Manager of Corporate Development to refine and execute the processes and analytical framework for analyzing M&A opportunities
- Research and analyze high priority strategic markets, including industry mapping and deep dives into targeted M&A and partnership opportunities
- Partner with and drive cross-functional efforts in all phases of M&A execution including diligence, business case creation, financial modeling, and integration
- Assist cross-functional efforts to analyze and execute capital markets activities
- Perform ad hoc analyses and financial modeling as needed
- Bachelor’s degree is required
- 2-4 years of experience in investment banking, private equity, venture capital, corporate development, or transaction services
- Advanced knowledge of MS office, especially Excel and PowerPoint
- Superior quantitative and analytical skills with financial modelling experience building operational, acquisition, and growth models and pro forma financials
- Understanding of and strong interest in the software industry is strongly preferred
- Public debt and equity financing experience is preferred
- M&A execution experience required; software / tech deal experience preferred
- Strong work ethic with experience delivering results in a fast-paced environment in a structured and organized manner
- Driven, results oriented mindset with a history of perseverance and passion for achieving goals
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with experience preparing board and/or executive level strategic and financial presentations
Our journey forward.
Paylocity strives to create an organizational culture where every employee has a voice, feels truly welcome, appreciated, and free to be themselves, and is empowered and enabled to do their best work. A strong commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion is critical to creating such a culture.
We’ve made great strides to support diversity, equity, and inclusion. That being said, we realize there’s still room for improvement. Our current focus is on the following initiatives:
- Education & Awareness
- Client Community
- Company Representation
- Advocacy & Support
- Fairness & Equality
- PCTY Gives
Want to learn more, click here to access our DEI flipbook. https://www.flipsnack.com/paylocitycom/diversity-equity-and-inclusion.html
This job description has been written to provide an accurate reflection of the current job and to include the general nature of work performed. It is not designed to contain a comprehensive detailed inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of the employees assigned to the job. Management reserves the right to revise the job or require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change.