Senior Analyst, Healthcare Analytics and Operations at VillageMD
VillageMD is changing the trajectory of healthcare by empowering primary care physicians to make informed decisions and engage patients in meaningful ways. We work with thousands of clinicians and healthcare disruptors across the country to build and contribute to our platform to improve patient health while driving down the cost to deliver it.
We are a mission-oriented organization and are thrilled about the work that we do every day. We’re transparent, collaborative, and relentless in pursuit of our mission, all while doing so with humility and a low ego. We believe that diverse backgrounds and experiences create the best opportunity for innovation and the community that we are creating is greater than any individual.
We’ve built our technology using the best of cloud and open-source technologies to create an open, data-first platform that is enriched with analytical models and modernly connected to internal and external apps. These apps drive clinical and operational decision support, patient engagement, and other facilitators of innovative, information-enriched health experiences.
At VillageMD, we are committed to helping patients achieve greater health by delivering the most effective, accessible and efficient healthcare in the world through partnership with primary care physicians. The Village Medical at Home model is an extension of the physician-led, team-based platform developed by VillageMD, which has demonstrated significant improvements in clinical outcomes and cost in all patient populations. Village Medical at Home offers complete primary care services across a continuum of clinical needs, from wellness and quality documentation to the management of transitional care and complex medical needs, including chronic and progressive diseases.
As a Senior Analyst you will work to realize these goals by arming providers in the home with the technology, analytical capabilities, and operational excellence required to better look after their patients. Projects include using claims data to understand healthcare trends of the patient population, measuring program effectiveness using ambulatory electronic medical record (EMR) data and supporting operational workflows with appropriate data from multiple complex data sources. You will handle a wide range of projects to support and improve the organization’s product offerings: a portfolio of multi-faceted, highly-integrated, technology-enabled services. Our ideal candidate will be located within a commutable distance from our Chicago, IL offices.
What are some examples of projects you’ll be managing as a Senior Analyst at VillageMD?
- Working directly with mid-level and senior leadership to develop expertise across healthcare operations, strategy, project management, and data analysis
- Supporting operational procedures and best practices related to market operations and services for network practice
- Mining patient and healthcare provider data from multiple sources, including medical claims data, pharmacy claims data, call center data, and clinical data from EMRs to discover analytical insights for decision support
- Building dashboards to track key healthcare quality and efficiency metrics by physician
What will make you successful here?
- A desire to be accountable for owning problems from design to implementation
- A bias for action and an aptitude for constructing analysis to solve business problems
- Strong research, writing, analytical and critical reasoning skills
- The ability to be flexible in an ambiguous and dynamic environment
- An inclination towards team-based work product and results
What you might do in your first year:
- Analyze operational metrics to develop and implement programs that allows for more complete patient diagnosis
- Collaborate with senior operations leadership to gather requirements to solve complex business problems with data-driven solutions
- Analyze outreach data to develop efficient targeting methodologies for patient contact
- Work alongside population health operations and care management teams to deliver annual care with an emphasis on identifying and supporting patients’ unmet needs
- Analyzing robust healthcare datasets to identify implementation opportunities and updating analyses to communicate realized performance
The following experience is relevant to us:
- A Bachelor’s degree with a concentration in business, economics, engineering, statistics, mathematics, public health, community health or healthcare administration, or a pre-professional program with interest in another area of healthcare
- Prior experience with a strategy consulting firm, investment bank, or company in the healthcare industry is a plus
- Genuine interest in or connection to the healthcare industry
- Knowledge in SQL and Tableau is a plus
At VillageMD, we see diversity and inclusion as a source of strength in transforming healthcare. We believe building trust and innovation are best achieved through diverse perspectives. To us, acceptance and respect are rooted in an understanding that people do not experience things in the same way, including our healthcare system. Individuals seeking employment at VillageMD are considered without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.