Senior Analyst, Healthcare Analytics at VillageMD
VillageMD is changing the trajectory of healthcare by empowering primary care physicians to make informed decisions and engage patients in meaningful ways. We work with thousands of clinicians and healthcare disruptors across the country to build and contribute to our platform to improve patient health while driving down the cost to deliver it.
We are a mission-oriented organization and are thrilled about the work that we do every day. We’re transparent, collaborative, and relentless in pursuit of our mission, all while doing so with humility and a low ego. We believe that diverse backgrounds and experiences create the best opportunity for innovation and the community that we are creating is greater than any individual.
We’ve built our technology using the best of cloud and open-source technologies to create an open, data-first platform that is enriched with analytical models and modernly connected to internal and external apps. These apps drive clinical and operational decision support, patient engagement, and other facilitators of innovative, information-enriched health experiences.
In this role, you’ll operate as a cross-market analytical consultant to internal stakeholders on critical imperatives including evaluation of clinical programs across desired outcomes, and analysis supporting risk adjustment activity. VillageMD sits in a unique position with the ability to use medical and pharmacy claims, plus ambulatory electronic medical record (EMR) data. As our organization continues to grow, so do the opportunities to develop your skills and gain exposure to different areas of our business and model of care. This person will be a member of our Central Analytics team and can be based in either Chicago, IL or Richmond, VA. Some travel will be required.
What are some examples of projects you’ll be managing as a Senior Analyst, Healthcare Analytics at VillageMD?
- Provide recommendation on program evaluation methodology for specific clinical programs, execute on analysis and present findings to market stakeholders
- Develop and educate markets on practice-level targets for our risk adjustment initiatives
- Provide analytics to measure the performance of risk adjustment programs and processes including forecasting methodology
- Perform deep dive analysis to understand who participates in our clinical program(s) today and provide recommendations on how to broaden our impact
What will make you successful here?
- A desire to be accountable for owning problems from design to implementation
- A bias for action and an aptitude for constructing analysis to solve business problems
- Strong experience with large and complicated data sets from multiple sources including knowledge and experience in SQL
- Ability to manage initiatives through to fruition while ably handling the ambiguity of an evolving environment
What you might do in your first year:
- Measure practice-level performance across operational and utilization metrics, and develop methodology to identify outlier performance and concerning trends
- Assess CMS policies and Call Letters to understand potential impacts to current risk adjustment strategies and identify new opportunities
- Evaluate a clinical program across multiple markets using rigorous methodology. Educate stakeholders on findings and educate analyst community on approach.
The following experience is relevant to us:
- 3+ years of full-time experience working in an analytical, reporting or data management role
- Undergrad degree with a concentration in a quantitative discipline such as statistics, mathematics or engineering; graduate degree preferred
- Experience in evaluating clinical programs desired
- Knowledge in SQL and Tableau
- Proficiency in one or more computer programming languages and experience with a statistical programming software such as R, Python or SAS
At VillageMD, we see diversity and inclusion as a source of strength in transforming healthcare. We believe building trust and innovation are best achieved through diverse perspectives. To us, acceptance and respect are rooted in an understanding that people do not experience things in the same way, including our healthcare system. Individuals seeking employment at VillageMD are considered without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.