Senior Analyst, Healthcare Analytics at VillageMD
We’ve built our technology using the best of cloud and open-source technologies to create an open, data-first platform that is enriched with analytical models and modernly connected to internal and external apps. These apps drive clinical and operational decision support, patient engagement, and other facilitators of innovative, information-enriched health experiences.
In this role, you’ll operate as a cross-market data quality expert, preemptively identifying data quality issues and recommending solutions and consulting with other analytics team members on the usage of the data. VillageMD sits in a unique position with the ability to use medical and pharmacy claims, plus ambulatory electronic medical record (EMR) data. As our organization continues to grow, so do the opportunities to develop your skills and gain exposure to different areas of our business and model of care. This person will be a member of our Central Analytics team and can be based in either Chicago, IL or Richmond, VA.
What are some examples of projects you’ll be managing as a Senior Analyst, Healthcare Data Quality at VillageMD?
- Building out ongoing, rigorous testing of the data in our Analytic Data Mart and Insights Data Layer to preemptively identify data quality issues
- Creating communication channels with our enterprise-wide user base for topics relating to data quality
- Enhancing and hardening a user facing data dictionary and metadata materials
What will make you successful here?
- A desire to be accountable for owning problems from design to implementation
- A bias for action and an aptitude for constructing analysis to solve business problems
- Strong experience with large and complicated data sets from multiple sources including knowledge and experience in SQL
- Ability to manage initiatives through to fruition while ably handling the ambiguity of an evolving environment
What you might do in your first year:
- Develop analytics focused on the quality of the data in our Analytic Data Mart and Insights Data Layer
- Recommend solutions for data quality issues and communicate with users and stakeholders on scope and resolution of issues
- Design and create materials on the content and best practices for use of our data environments
The following experience is relevant to us:
- 3+ years of full-time experience working in an analytical, reporting or data management role; healthcare data experience strongly preferred
- Undergrad degree with a concentration in a quantitative discipline such as statistics, mathematics or engineering; graduate degree preferred
- Experience in data quality evaluation and data management in a large analytic environment desired
- Strong proficiency in SQL
- Expertise in Tableau is a plus
At VillageMD, we see diversity and inclusion as a source of strength in transforming healthcare. We believe building trust and innovation are best achieved through diverse perspectives. To us, acceptance and respect are rooted in an understanding that people do not experience things in the same way, including our healthcare system. Individuals seeking employment at VillageMD are considered without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.